1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

J and P Cycles

Discussion in 'Vendor Feedback' started by wvak47, Oct 2, 2007.

1. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Wish all my dealings could be as simple and pleasant. Joined the Gold Club (was worth it since I was buying that ICM, that savings alone almost paid for membership) and received my "free" gift in two days.

Called to get some information on the ICM options for my 05 Sporty and the salesman (my bad can't recall his name) was SUPER cool and easy going. He worked with me and answered all of my questions. Even if it was with an I don't really know, at least he was honest and I could hear him looking up answers on the computer. Most questions were answered to my satisfaction anyway.

Placed my order late (EST 3pm) and it still shipped out same day. If it hadn't been ordered over a weekend (Friday evening) it would have been here in two days as well. This was on free shipping for orders over $300 even. I am VERY pleased and don't really see a need to look around for better service and price is going to have to be a dang site better to make up for the service, to get me to switch vendors.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

the dealings i have had with j&p have been good also.:)
  3. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

J&P is great for customer service, shipping, returns, etc. they are just a little pricey that's all.
  4. chucktx

gotta pay for the BIG colorfull catalog ya get every 2 weeks!!!:)
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

went by the place in iowa the other day didn't stop though ( i know my limits) may stop on the way home in a couple days.chillowa ? leather is a bargain place also. by the way tell them you have a problem and they will back the calander up to make it right.
  6. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

by the way, never paid for a catalog yet, they want my money they can supply me with the means to do so.
  7. chucktx

catalogs have always been free...and once ya order, they come nearly once a month!!! lol:)
  8. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Well crap, had I known that I would have ordered some little something instead of waiting almost 8 weeks on my first catalog from them LOL. They took forever to get me a catalog but by golly they fast on the goods. And I am sure that catalog is not cheap to produce. I just wish I could find stuff on their website it is such a PITA to get around on there for me. I use the catalog find the # and then order online LOL.
  9. Big Tom

Big Tom New Member

J&P is having a sale October 5&6. 10% off everything and free shipping over $300. Looks like a good time to order tires! If you are a club member you get 10% over your other discounts!
  10. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

J & P is pretty good place to get stuff. But as Chuck says... PRICEY!!! Too bad Cyber Dave retired. He had a great thing going... Got in on the end... Oh Well!!!:)
  11. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

All depends what you order from them, some things are pricey but there are still deals to be found. If you buy alot of accessories and parts per year its worth joining their gold club. They often have sale dates where you can get 15% off, otherwise you can get 10% off. After you build up so many points you get a $10 discount (which I've combined with sale dates for even more off). It can add up.

Another plus is their free large catalogs... you receive a few per year which work great as wheel chocks :roflmao:
  12. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

wheel chokes eh. I save all the catalogs and shipper boxes and keep my shop warm with them along with a few ties
  13. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Bought a 08 bike, was waiting for a 08 JP Cycles catalog to come out, Another 07 come out in noverber. Wow ! Want some new Kuryakyn ISO grips for my new bike. Talked to Kuryakyn at the Lone Star Rally a couple of weeks ago. They weren't real friendly, told me we ain't got em and walked off.
    Guess they might of been able give me a idea of when they expect them to come out and to see if I wanted to ask anything else or try to help me more with other products.
  14. kenfuzed

I think your vendor feedback may be more about Kuryakyn than J&P. The one thing I've noticed about most of the larger companies is their road/show reps aren't always the best representation of their company. I would try contacting Kuryakyn directly to ask.

Just as a side note... is it just me or do others have as much trouble pronouncing "Kuryakyn"?
  15. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

ken I probably pronounce it three different ways all in the same sentence:confused:
  16. cardboard

I try to pronounce it with a couple K's and mumble. Know I don't pronounce it right. I'm a redneck, If they got prolems understanding I say Iso grips.
    Folks try to throw kink's in life with big sylable words like that .
  17. kenfuzed

Yeah I tried several... Ker-yak-in, Kary-A-kin, and finally settled on Cury-Ay-Kin which sounds like what my stomach feels like after eating Cury :roflmao:
  18. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

YOu might have just caught someone on a bad day, Kuryakyn has one of the best reps in the industry for service, they will swap things out for you in a heartbeat, products are good, service is good.

JP's not bad used to buy there until I found I could get it for a lot less elsewhere, they just built a multi million dollar store by Destination Daytona in Ormond Beach.

Lots of chrome geeehaws in there.
  19. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Not to mention John's motorcycle museum. Some of his antiques and classics are enough to get my mouth waterin'!

My indy can usually match J&P's prices if I go in and say "hey J&P is selling this part for this much can you match or beat it", but he can't match Jireh's prices. I still order parts form both places occasionally but when I can I support my indy.
  20. cardboard

30 miles to my Indy man, he sells at retail. JP delivers to the door, Everything I have gotten from them has been in a timely manner if not faster. They come pretty close to the Indy man.
    Got a Platinum Indy dealer I use sometimes. But his shippin eats everything up if I save anything. I like their catalog comin too. Gives me something else to wish for.