1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

JCP parts EZ Needle kit

Discussion in 'Vendor Feedback' started by sarge7, Feb 11, 2009.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Ordered a Combo 2 kit from John's Cycle Parts and just got it today- the order to delivery time was excellent and the price was right.
    If your running carb on a VT this is the way to go- the kit comes with a EZ needle a Dakota fuel pedstal and a brass hi flow elbow to replace the cheap plastic that MOCO puts on the VT's; it also has a complete instruction on the right way to install each piece and tech support by e-mail if needed.
  2. Lttle Rick

Lttle Rick New Member

I just purchased several parts here. 2 questions. (1) I assume that the needle check under the acelerator goes in with the point down(away from the nozzle...right? It fell out when the old nozzle came out.(2) No instructions came with the brass hiflow fuel inlet...how the heck do you get the old one out. I've torn the brass piece on the old one to crap trying to get it off. Help please.
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Break it off clean or cut it- then tap it with a bottoming tap- screw in a short screw and very gently twist it out- make sure you have cleaned up any loose metal filings - then wash it good in warm soapy water -dry it good- replace with new elbow and seat it with a piece of wood tapping gently until it's flush and seated. Make sure you mark the direction of the elbow to match the orginal cause once it's in place it's a bear to move it and you would probably be looking to replace what you just installed.
  4. Lttle Rick

Lttle Rick New Member

Thanks Sarge..just after I posted I found the directions online. It came right out per the instructions and the new one fit right in. I appreciate your taking the time to reply.
  5. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Yeah I did forget to tell you that they had a spot online for any questions.
    Sorry bout that!;)
  6. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Update on the install - Instructions call for a 1/8 " drill on the slide. DON'T do it. I had to go out and get a new slide after drilling. The 1/8" hole caused major accel problems while the stock one is working great. I think somebody posted on this problem before also.
    Other than that the bike has shown great improvement since I put the upgrade in. It's a lot more responsive in mid range and the mileage has picked up.
  7. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

1/8 inch is to large. The kit from Harley Performance comes with a 7/64 inch bit to drill the slide.
    They say not to go any larger, it causes the slide to lift to fast and to far, then drops to fast and to far. It keeps doing this trying to find the right spot. It never will.
    I took a long time debating to drill or not to drill. I finally drilled the slide. I figured that the creator of the kit spent a long time designing the parts to work together. So if he says drill I will.
    It was the best thing i have done to the bike so far. It ran ok before, but now it's a whole different machine. The throttle responce is great. No more off idle hesitation, the whole rpm range is smoother and stronger.