1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Jetting Question

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by 2002Eglide, Apr 17, 2012.

1. 2002Eglide

2002Eglide New Member

I recently added a set of Andrews 21 cams to my 2002 FLHT. The bike has a stage 1 air kit and true dual exhaust with B&E 2 inch baffle Superflow slip ons.

I have the CV tuner kit and was running a 46 / 190 prior to the cam change. My MPG's are still low ( Low 30's) and I was getting a few carb farts.

I was told to add the sportser needle from HD but was not sure if it would work with the CV emulsion tube.

Any help setting this carb up would be great. Not sure if I should go to 48/190 or if the 190 is to high. I ride in the 2500 to 3000 RPM range 90 percent of the time. Oh yea, I snaped the threads for the choke cable tightening it up after the last install so it is coming off anyway. :gah:

Thanks
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I run the andrews 26 , stage 1 SE ac kit pipes are hollow woth big city baffles ,same jets you running , no trouble at all , at sea level , Kenfused will jump in here & set us both stright on jetting :D
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

You could try bumping up to the #48 but I wouldn't change the main jet unless you are feeling lean at WOT.

Regarding the needle, the N65C needle will work with the CVP emulsion tube or stock emulsion tube, just not with a Dynojet or yost tube. However before swapping needles I would try to adjust the mixture screw out another 1/8th turn to overcome the stumble you described.

In case there have been modifications made previously, make sure the slide was not over drilled. In years past there were many who advocated drilling the slide with a 1/8" drill bit. This is too big and will aggravate tuning. If you can slide a 1/8 drill bit into the vacuum port on the bottom of the slide then it is too large and should be replaced.