1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Just passed my CBT looking to get a KSR TW 125?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by SophiaL, Oct 21, 2016.

1. SophiaL

SophiaL Member

Hi there all and thanks for having me, I live in dorset and as u can tell by the topic im new to this. Ive just passed my cbt and am now looking at getting a 125cc bike.
    Ive had a look at a few and am fixed on the New KSR TW 125 £2199 with 2 year warranty, the only problem is that its a new bike and i cant seem to find much reviews, also from what ive been looking through most people say stay away from chinese made which i think these are but just based in austria. My main problem is im 6ft 8" so im sort of limted to what bike i can get as in my cbt it looked like i was riding a childs bike. Any help on the make or model itself would be muchly appreciated thanks.
    https://www.youtube.com/@Tonoparacecular
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2024 at 1:00 AM
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Any 125cc is going to be small for you, but with some modification can be made to fit better. See if you can get some extended handlebars (which also means the cables - clutch, brake, throttle MAY have to be longer), as that is the biggest complaint for taller riders.

Personally, if I wanted a 125cc that I expected to ride awhile, I'd get the Honda Grom, but it is a bit more expensive than the KSR.

My final advice is what I tell all new riders about a first bike: I recommend something used that you won't mind dropping, and that you can get replacement mirrors/handlebar lever and signal lights easily.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!
  3. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Yes, deffinatley buy used, you'll want something different not long after you start riding. A couple hundred miles in the real world will influence what you will want.
    Red Rider likes this.
  4. SophiaL

SophiaL Member

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024 at 1:00 AM
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the bike world congratulations on passing the test,
    if the 125 fits you and you feel comfortable on it then go for it,

I do agree that if you can get your hands on a lightly used one
    for less money I would be a good way to start, at least if you find
    out it's too small or riding isn't what you thought you'd have a lower
    investment into the bike.

As long as the bike will keep up on the street with traffic if thats
    where you'll be riding then you'll be fine, and fit and comfort are key

Be sure you fit the bike, when stopped its easy to get your feet down
    flat on the ground on both sides, I know some of those bikes are pretty
    tall with the long suspension travel, just be sure you feel confident in your
    ability to live with it not just as you are rolling along but in stops, loading
    unloading, etc.

Have fun