1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Kinda been out of the loop lately

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

Haven't been ridin' much, just huntin some and fishing occasionally and watching the price on the sign at the gas station down the street go up. :rolleyes: Well, I chat on this "two wheeled Texans" board, open to any style bike, and they have 'em all, from street legal dual purpose to full on custom chopper. Quite the variety there. Anyway, they have this "pie run" once a month at a different restaurant around the state, and excuse to ride and get together. A couple of the guys are from Port Lavaca that just got on that board and we got together and rode down to Ingleside, north of Corpus, for this month's pie. One of 'em lives about 2 miles down the street I live on and rides a BMW R1200RT. One was from Palacios on a C50 Suzuki and the other from here on a Shadow. The guy on the C50 calls himself "C50dreamin'" on that board. I don't keep up with Suzuki cruisers much, but that one had me wondering. I'm thinking the guy's on a C50 Honda cub. ROFL! I'm thinkin', now how the HELL is he going to keep up? What an Iron Butt, Palacios to Ingleside on a 50cc Cub! The 50 in the Suzuki is for 50 cubic inch.:roflmao:

We all rode down to Ingleside to eat, well, more than pie. I mean, if I'm gonna eat, by GOD I'm gonna eat! Were 38 bikes there, pretty good turn out I suppose. Guys and gals from all over. Lot of beemer riders, a few Harleys, a smattering of this and that. Seems like sport tourers were the most populous followed by "adventure tour" bikes, stuff like BMW GSs and VStroms, contests in how ugly can you make a motorcycle, but I digress. I rode my SV650 down 'cause, well, I hate anyone to see me on that old GL1100. :roflmao: The thing gets near 50 to the gallon, though, and the ride was frugal. Anyway, met some cool folks and got some miles under my butt. It was mild, 70ish, cloudy, got sprinkled on, but never out right broke out in rain. As Ron White's dog would say, "It was a good day, tater."
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2008
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hi goose!!!!!!!!! good to hear from you!!! sounds like a cool ride??? im glad ya got to eat....by the way, what type of pie did you go for????? are you going to do any racing this year??? have fun buddy.................:)
  3. Goose

Goose New Member

I had peach cause somebody got the last pecan...:angry: :wtf: But, was good.

Racing, I want to, but I need to get off my lazy butt and finish building something to ride. My KX needs a piston kit. I have one XR built ready to go in a frame. The frame I really wanna put it in is in Cypress, NE Houston. I need to get it back.

I sorta slid on the flat tracking (pun intended). They're not running he series over at Baytown anymore. There's a practice day in Alvin I'd like to make, but my tracker needs some attention, exhaust stud. Motor has to come out because I have to drill the head and retap or install a helicoil.:banghead: But, I think this week I'll get to pull the motor and install my recently built stocker (except for the cam and valve springs and titanium retainers). Then I can do a Katy or two this year. That's about all I can afford at the moment. Ain't the entries, it's the price of gas to get there.:gah:
  4. chucktx

so katy is the closest to race???? i thought you pulled the racer behind your bike??? i am using the trailer i built for the bike to go to town for grociers,ect!!!
  5. Goose

Goose New Member

Yeah, I'll be trailerin' with the Wing, too, you can bet on that, LOL! Still have everything. I've got a hog trap set up at my place. I pull the trailer down there when I check it in case I catch one or three. You shoulda seen me draggin' it out there with my 200cc dirt bike, slingin' a rooster tail of mud. :roflmao: I got it almost out there and the rear dug in. I didn't even have to put the stand down, just got off and let it stand with the rear wheel to the axle. Had to pull the thing the last 50 yards by hand, damn near killed me.:roflmao:

Damned glad I got a bike with gas going up like this, or BIKES I guess.
  6. CD

CD Guest

Hi Goose!
    I don't get on a lot anymore but I was sure glad to see your post!
    Weathers getting warmer up North, Big Lake is calling our names..... Trout are begging to be eaten....
  7. Goose

Goose New Member

Dave! I thought you'd turned on and tuned out or whatever they used to say. Good ta see ya, even if virtually! How ya been? Hope all you got to worry about now days is the trout. :D Man, we need to ride again someday. I miss the ridin' in the arid state.

Here's a couple of pix, one of me and the SV, this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. chucktx

nice pics goose............i like trout!!!!!!!!!!