1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Lake Placid,Lake George and Americade

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by badinfluence63, Jun 5, 2014.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Got off to a slow start this year in part because of the weather (longer then usual winter) and in part when I went on vacation. My first attempt in a day trip turned into a cluster.

However and on 3 hours of sleep I got up with a couple of my usual riding buddies Matt and Bob and headed to Lake George for the opening day of Americade. It was a suspect day with 80% chance of rain but we said f*ck it lets go.

We met up at the Hartland Diner in Vermont:

http://hartlanddiner.com/

I'm a chow hound and clean my plate to the porcelain. They gave us so much food none of us could eat all of it and it was deliscous. We headed out at 8:30am from the diner.

It was an uneventful putt winding the backroads of Vermont rts 12-4-7 and thru Whitehall,NY (birthplace of the Navy..yes it is) catching NY rts 149 and 9L into Lake George. The 2 guys I was with were wicked surprised when we tuned into the Americade strip because for some reason they thought we were riding to Lake George and then heading home. I told them Americade WTF ? The place was jacked with rows and rows and rows of mostly metric bikes and some damned awsome ones at that. Anywho it costs 10$ to walk thru the fenced in vendors, food and otherwise. I'll have to say that my observation was they had a much higher level of quality vendors then at any bike week in Laconia I been to. None of us had any money but were greatful for the ice cold 5$ lemonades to quench our parch throats. No beer tents which sucked. It was in the low 80's and sunny. The lack of sleep and burning sun was kicking my old beat down ass pretty good.

We walked around for about an hour os so then headed home another way to mix it up a smidge. When we got to the juncture or rts 4 and 7 we headed south instead of the way we came in as I wanted to catch VT rt 103 into Ludlow and then 131 stopping in xxxxxx,VT at an old timey little know Vermont country store called xxxxxxxx.

What makes xxxxxxx unique? Besides selling home grown lamb,beef,chicekn and assorted flavored beef jerky he's been collecting guns voraciously since the 1940's plus he took us down stairs in to his secret stash and showed us some amazing stuff including an original Civil war discharge he found in the attic of his home. For some reason he took a liking towards us and we were his new best buddies. Nice guy. He has a 2000 springer softail with less then 10,000 miles that he'd bought new, elevated in the store as homage to his brief riding days.

All in all it was a good day. Funny as we did hit some rain coming home just outside of Rutland,VT. Pulled over to gear up. Got back on the road and in less then 1/4 mile it was sunny again? WTF....

I'll have pictures in a couple days as I am having them put on a disk. Or friend me on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/john.a.henderson2 which was easier to post the pictures on for some reason?
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well I friended you now you got to send it back. Looking forward to the pics but what a waist on that Springer hope you got a pic of it and the civil war gun. I like old stuff.

Don't know the name of that place was but it must a been good because Bike Talk X it all out :)

Glad yea had some decent weather for the day.
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I was suppose to go to Americade but shirt happened in AZ and I'm on standby to get to AZ on a moments notice if need be.
    I agree about Americade being of higher class than Laconia, it always was since inception. The first couple years it was known as Aspencade until they started a rally in aspen Colorado then it became Americade. It was put together for "touring riders" on gold wings. Laconia was the "outlaw" or "biker" rally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

What could be wrong with a name of a town that Bike-Talk X'd it out??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  5. badinfluence63

Did it. All set.
  6. badinfluence63

I x'ed it out.
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

That's okay, all those x's, I mean LOL. It's more fun wondering what they mean. Nice ride and only a very little rain - sounds like a nearly perfect day to me. I don't do Facebook anymore, BI, but I enjoyed your post here :cool:.
  8. badinfluence63

RB.jpg RC.jpg RA.jpg R.jpg

1)one of the many free parking lots
    2)Boss Hog
    3) Boss Hog Americade
    4)The aborted ride to Lake Placid,ny 2 weeks ago.
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Those pictures on your FB page of the inside the store were simply amazing. Thank you, I would love to have been in there with you. The bike pictures were excellent to.
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  10. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Use to go to TrailerCade every year...Lanconia use to be the following week...Yeah, same vendors at every show...Is the Jerkey Man still there?
  11. badinfluence63

If you're ever this way give me a holler I'll take you there.
  12. badinfluence63

Same here, if you ever get up this way and I'll take there as well.
  13. badinfluence63

14. badinfluence63

15. badinfluence63

16. badinfluence63

17. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the pics, BI. Looks like a lot of $$$$ in old guns hanging up overhead.
  18. badinfluence63

And thats just a part of whats in the store and not incluing his private collection which I'm not posting here.