1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Leaky CV

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Frank Lorbach, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Frank Lorbach

Frank Lorbach Member

I recently put on an Ebay Special CV on my panhead. I am still trying to get it to light up with this carb but the weird thing I ran into was that when I lean the bike over to the right side, gas starts running out of the one of the holes to the left of the accelerator pump nozzle. I don't believe this is normal. What would cause this?
  2. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

is carb new, used, or rebuilt? how far do you have to lean it? sounds like float level might have got ADJUSTED in shipping
  3. Frank Lorbach

Frank Lorbach Member

It's used from Ebay. It appears to not be used a little. It came off a 2001 Dyna. It hasn't been rebuilt yet although I do have a CVP kit coming any day. As for how far I have to lean it is less that the kickstand side. Roughly about 10 degrees.
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Rebuild it with the CVP kit and make sure your float level is right, about 17.5 degrees. I made a special little wedge of wood at that angle to help with the calibration.
  5. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

Any progress?
  6. Frank Lorbach

Frank Lorbach Member

I got the rebuild kit late last week, put in all the new parts and now I need to put the carb back on. Hope to report back later in the week. In the meantime, life is getting in the way.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Good you can post, life does that