1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Long day,I'm pooped

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by badinfluence63, Jun 11, 2015.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg I rode to my mothers house in R.I. On the way down traffis was lite to medium. When i got there I stacked wood all day then rode 3 1/2 hours home. I-290,I-495 and spaulding turnpike were jacked. I-290 was at least moving but cars were bumper to bumper. Excitment? Flirt with death....Run 70+ mph like that. I-495 was parking lot from when i got on to when i got off...construction and a 3-4 car pile up. 3 lane parking lot. My bike is air-cooled and it was 90 degrees out so i ran the break down lane. I don't give a shit. Spaulding turnpike was bumper to bumper stop and go. i was happy to finally get on I-89. 365 miles in one day and about 3 cords of wood stacked!

The welcome to new hampshire liqour store has added 6-8 rows of gas pumps and other curio shops now. Great addition. Wonder What took them so long.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Hope you didn't have to split all that wood. :eek:

Heavy traffic and riding a motorcycle SUCK big time.
  3. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

I was going to ask if you split it too, looks like my day wasn't so bad after all!
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Nice pictures.
  5. badinfluence63

Oh yes it does. It was 90 degrees out in the interstate parking lot.
  6. badinfluence63

No she oders it. She thinks her sons are lazy because we don't generate that from her 38 acres.

My mother is in her late 70's and heats the house with 3 wood stoves. One in the basement,one in the middle of the house and one at the end of the house. Thats how we grew up and was many a cold ass night sleep and getting up for school was interesting too,lol.
  7. badinfluence63

While i was parked there a prospect from the massachusetts red devils mc pulled up a couple spots from me. Big huge muscle bound dude riding a ape hangered RG. He was a sociable sort and we chatted about 96" versus 103". I left there wondering why would a midle aged 30 somthing man willingly put himself in that situation? I can tell you from experience it sucked at 23-24 years old and the older you get the more it has to suck.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

70 and still heats the house with wood,
    has to lug that stuff in during the cold.

Brr heck even I don't want ta do that...
  9. badinfluence63

A brother still lives there and does that for her.
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Thats good or I was gonna have ta give ya the evil eye LOL :cyclops: