1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Map downloading ?

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by cowboy, Mar 29, 2007.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

has anyone here done a download at home , I tried it & it took just a few minutes , everybody at any dealer ship I have talked to said about 30 min, & just today my son-in-law had to take his new victory back to reload , he said the guy who did it yesterday only took a few min , & today a different gut took about 30 min , I run the PC 111 on my 03 E Glide
    tahnk's to all who answer
    :cheers:
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

It has been a LONG time since I did my download.....it took a couple minutes at most.....you put it on the computer (so you can find it again), have the software FOR the PCIII.....then follow the directions to LOAD that map into the PCIII. I was able to do it with no difficulty except that it was about to rain and I was taking my laptop outdoors!!!:eek: This forced me to speed up a bit. Seems to have worked tho for the last 2 years!!!! Infact, THink that I downloaded 2 maps....the "zero map" and the one that closely matches my pipes, air cleaner and such...... still took minutes for both......now keep in mind, that is NOT using 56k dial up modem.....that is with cable/dsl type download speeds. The dealer may be talking about the actual download from the internet AND putting it on the bike.....that is about how long it took me total. course, I don't know what they have for setup, so maybe you can do it faster then they can!!! :roflmao: anyway, my map is not perfect (need to dyno tune it for that) but it is close. Someday, I hope to dyno tune. Good luck!!:cheers:
    Nurse
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

nurse we did mine last year , had the wife's laptop out in the garage:eek: she got over that , it only took a few min , I ask about this because , I get a exaust pop every now & then , & that's what my son-in-law said his was doing , & they redid his map & it stopped
    :cheers:
  4. TERRY50

TERRY50 New Member

6 Speed Noiseu

I Have A 07 Ultra Classic With 5500 Miles On It. I Was Just Wondering If Anyone Had The Same Situation That I Am Having. When Shifting From First To Second, It Goes In Like Butter, But When Going From Seconf To Third And Fourth, Its Metal To Metal Sound. No Matter How Slow I Try To Put It In, It Makes A Real Bad Meshing Noise. And When Putting It In First, It Make A Hell Of A Noise. Does Anyone Have The Same Problem, Or It Is Something I Have To Live With. Had Four Other Harleys Before This One, Never Had The Noise In The Trans Like This One----thank You
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

welcome terry....glad your here....i have an 06 and it kinda did the same as yours.....i adjusted the clutch as per manual, which is a bit different from what i was used to....there should be very minimal freeplay in the the clutch lever....nearly none....check that first....and use the manual....best tool in the box..........and to get more milage out of your questions, post them in the tech section!!! lol
  6. rickster

rickster New Member

I had heard about noises, 1 friend said it was a "sound". I found a post in tech that was interesting called 6 spd blues.
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I used to do the downloads for my ex's bike. It seemed way too easy, especially when they charge $140 at the dealership. But it was that simple.
  8. TERRY50

TERRY50 New Member

down equals load

I Have A 07 Ultra Took It In For The Factory Download, No Difference. Still Hot As Hell. Put A Set Of Big True Duels On The Bike, Stage One Kit, And A Power Commander From Dyna Jet, What A Difference. Can Ride The Bike With A Pair Of Shorts On, No Heat. Eleminating That Cross-over Pipe Made A Big Difference With The Heat. The Bike Runs Like A New Bike. Harley Co. Should Read This Reply. You Think Fro 24,ooo$ They Would Make The Bike Run Like It Should
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Terry HD is aware of the issue and I believe they have a new download that reduces timing and takes care of the heat issue.
  10. TERRY50

TERRY50 New Member

Hotroadking

I Had A Recall On My 07 For The New Re-map To Try To Eleminate The Heat(bike Is Set Lean For E.p.a). Got It Back, As Hot As It Was Before. Put The True Duels On It, Power Commander, Im Riding The Bike With A Pair Of Shorts On. The Back Jug Doesent Cook My Boys Any More. Now, I Like To Drive The Bike. Bring On The Hot Weather