1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Need help with cv jets

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by David thomas, Oct 2, 2015.

1. David thomas

David thomas Member

What jets suppose to come with the cv deluxe kit for 80in.evo on my 98 flhc I messed up and ordered for 88in. Don't work
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi David, assuming you ordered the kit from CV Performance? I could not find an order under your name but the instructions included inside the kit list what jets are used with both the Evo 1340 and TC88.

If this is for the CVP kit I will move this to the CVP support forum.
  3. David thomas

David thomas Member

Yes it is a cvp kit my mechanic ordered the kit and put it in he says he's got the right jets in now but it's spitting and popping on take off a little and at hi speed (80 and on). He said I need a cam that the stock cam was causing the problem. Because it was only good up to 90mph? If so what would be the best cam for bottom end to mid range hardly ever go very fast anyway but would like more playing power If I need a cam anyway.
  4. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I don't know the whole situation with your bike so I can't say one way or the other, but needing a new cam seems like the last thing that would be causing your problem.

The problems described could be any number of things including clogged passages in the carburetor, vacuum leaks at the manifold and/or heads, a bad gas cap not venting, a bad VOES switch, corroded wire or bad ground. Others could probably name a few dozen more things before ever getting to the cam. Before going with a new cam I would seek the opinion of a different tech or shop.

I would try to fix the original problem and root cause first. Adding a new cam to a bike that has other issues does exactly that, gives you a bike with a nice new cam and an old annoying problem still in tow.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Agree on both points, if you put in a cam you will stillhave the same carb tuning problems
    Maybe worse, sounds like bad advice.

As I suggested put the baffles back in see what happens first, no baffles changes the balance of air exiting and can allow reversion or the engine reverse filling air from the exhaust port

Fix the carb problem first
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015