1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Needle

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by wvcoalminer, Feb 9, 2013.

1. wvcoalminer

wvcoalminer New Member

i have a 1996 flstc bored 10 over 10.5:1 pistons EV 27 cam v&H longshots with thundermonster baffles i am rebuilding the cv carb i ordered the N65 needle and i bought a new slide as the old one was drilled with a 1/8 bit my questions are should i drill the new one and should i use shimms under the needle and if so what size and how many and by the by any jetting advice would be taking very seriously thanks Johnny B:chopper
  2. wvcoalminer

wvcoalminer New Member

i also should have mentioned i run a dyna 2000i single fire
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi Johnny, do not drill the new slide. The new slides are correct unless you see any burrs inside the offset port hole.

With the N65 needles you really need to test before adding any shims. Install without shims and test ride. Shims should only be added to compensate for lower midrange flat spots that were not corrected by the mixture screw adjustment.