1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New Adventure

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by larry, Jul 8, 2005.

1. larry

larry New Member

Hi Everyone,
    Today my wife and I set out on another adventure. We are heading from upstate New York to Gettysburg Pa.. They are having their bike week. This is our first test with our new Heritage Soft Tail. It will be our first time going there too! We go with our best friend that is riding his 1983 Goldwing that has 108,000 miles on it. He also pulls a trailer so we aren't overloaded with everything. I will be back next week and give an update on how we make out on our adventure.
    Larry
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

have fun and enjoy.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

have fun and be careful.........and it is kinda neat to have a pack mule with ya!!!! :D
    chucktx
  4. RocketCityRider

RocketCityRider New Member

I'll second that....

I embrace my Goldwing buddies and their large saddlebags and trunk ;)

I've got saddlebags on my Deluxe but they are small and seem to always be full.

-RCR
  5. larry

larry New Member

We are back!!!

Hi Everyone,
    We are back from bike week in Gettsburg. It was alot of fun and another adventure that my wife, my best friend, and myself will have to remember for a life time. It was 388 miles from our house to the campsite in Gettsburg. Then came the riding around without the helmet. It was okay right in town. I was a little nervous when we left town and did 45 mph. The speed limits down there were lower than we are used to. But that wasn't a bad thing either. We all liked to be able to relax and enjoy our site seeing. We left in a down pour and figured that the whole weekend was going to be wet. Instead the rain quit after we left New York and never came back to soak us again. The Harley dealer was fantastic compared to some that we have been to. We needed our Heritage shocks turned up because we bottomed out a few times. They did this on a Sunday, No appointment, never seen them before, and in 20 minutes! That is one heck of a dealer in my book. The whole affair was really great. Our trip down, our stay there, and our trip home. Round trip we put 954.9 miles on our new bike. I haven't even had it 3 weeks and we have 1,953 miles on this bike. Our rear ends never got so sore that it was unbearable either! That's pretty good for a stock seat. I could go on and on. The best thing that I can say is to go next year if you are in reach of Pa. It was worth the adventure in so many ways.
    Larry
  6. CD

CD Guest

Sounds like a fun trip. Nice to come across a dealer that remembers service.
  7. sparky24

sparky24 New Member

We also got to go to Gettysburg Bike Week. This was our first time we ever went to anything like that and had a blast. We were lucky that we only had to ride about 20 miles from home to get there but we got to meet alot of people from all over. Glad to hear you had fun.
  8. mark novak

mark novak New Member

Me To Me TO

I stayed at Drummer Boy Campgrounds with a group of 4. Enjoyed the whole weekend even the wet t shirt contest!