1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New bike name

Discussion in 'The Polling place' started by Hot01, Jul 18, 2008.

?

New license plate for the bike FKA Hot01

1. BION1C is cool, even if it has a "1" in it.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. Eh, it's ok, but I'd probably go with something else.

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. I think you should keep Hot01.

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
  4. That's the stupidest thing (BION1C) I've ever heard.

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I finally got the word from the DMV. I didn't get my first choice, but I got it with a "1" in place of an "I". I would have gone for it if I got what I wanted, but now I'm having second thoughts.

I wanted BIONIC - as in the 6 million dollar man who crashes and burns and then gets rebuilt and he's bigger, stronger, faster, etc... I figured with all the work I did over the winter and now this, it's appropriate and kinda cool. What I got is BION1C. I think people will figure it out, but I'm not so sure about how cool it is anymore, hence the poll.

Let me know what you think, but do it with proper capitalization please. ;)
  2. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

I've got lots of metal inside me and have been cobbled back together probably ten times more than most people. I actually don't think BION1C is a good idea. It will lead people to ask, why BION1C? I think it will serve to constantly remind you of your injuries and trigger subtle negative responses in your nervous system. You're still healing. Focusing on the future is much better for your health. Even if it's a hassle to change, why not try to think of something more positive. HOT01 was great.

Just my opinion. Stay well and good luck.
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

What hellboy said :D
  4. cowboy

I do think the Hot-01 fit's your bike real good now especially after all the work you had done to her over the winter & now the new tin's & paint
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

How about Hot Tins
  6. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I think it's cool with what ever you go with because, it's your expression. I'm thinking of FUUFF, for when I get my tx plates.:roflmao: no but seriously
  7. SK

SK New Member

It's your choice, but I still like HOT01 better.
  8. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm OK with it too but like HOT01 better. But that is probably because it is also your callsign here. And. personally, I'd try to go with 6MILHD if I was going the Steve Austin reference route. Just get back in the saddle soon - ya can't see the plate from there anyway!
  9. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Like I told my buddy about the apes he put on his bike. Your Bike Your Choice. I like HOT01 (call sign reasons also), but given recent events I think I would go with STOP or YOU STOP :roflmao: .

Makes me wonder, I know some plates on cars have left me going WTF does that mean or say? While trying to figure out the above ? I sometime fail to think of anything else. Now if you rearend a car things should work out ok for both parties, but you know too well what happens when it is a motorcycle in front. Kinda makes me second guess a personalized plate at all.

I just am glad you are here and trying to figure this out, things could have turned out way worse than they did. Just get back in the saddle soon, and stay safe. :cool:
  10. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

just add an r as in HOTR01
  11. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    spelling

try bionik as to the choice I think its cool. or maybe pheonix....whatever ya decide on as long as it says something to you sc&^w the ones that don't get it. It isn't about them.
    Ride Free
  12. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

I like Ironhorse's "HOTR01" !
  13. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Maybe EBONIC ? .....Here in the ever so wonderful state of Illinois we can't mix letters & numbers (too confusing for the mouth breathers) But I dont think most people would get the 6 million dollar man reference.....Even though I used to love that show...
  14. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Hot01 - Did you order the plate? What did you decide?
  15. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

No. I didn't. I liked the idea of doing it with a "k", but like HellBoy said, why do something that's all about the wreck? Hot01 has been with me this long, I'm going to stick with it.
  16. cowboy

:biker: Way to go Abby , if you have a good think stick with it
  17. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

Still Hot01 Good choice
  18. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

19. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm glad I didn't change it. On Saturday I went to Thunder Mountain to go on a HOG ride (thinking about joining the chapter). One guy pulled up and was backing his bike in next to mine. He was checking my bike out very intently. He came over and asked about it. Then I remembered him from the rally. He had cleaned my bike when it was in the first time in the winter. He'd recognized the Hot01, but hadn't realized it had been through a lot of changes.

Nobody will know who I am if I change it!