1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New Pipes

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by eric033, Jun 9, 2004.

1. eric033

eric033 New Member

rejetting

I'm new to the sight and I have a question. I ride a 04 Super Glide and I just bought a set of Vance and Hines Pro Pipe HS and the competition baffle and the appropriate Vance And Hines Jet Kit. And I was looking at two different air cleaners the Screaming Eagle kit or the Arlen Ness Big Sucker 2 any insight to which one is better would be helpful, and once I install the air cleaner would I have to re-jet my carb to allow for the extra air?
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  2. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

gonna rejet/you got a carb?

yeah..the SE and Arlen are the same only HD is far more expensive get yourself an Arlen Ness big sucker from CD and a slow 48 and 195 main and ride on!!! I got an 02 wide glide and this worked with my slip on mufflers and will with pipes.(stay far away from drags!!!In my humble opinion and logic) You will be suprised at the gain..the CV carb can breathe alot better and so will you if you keep it simple!!! :)
  3. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

jet after-thought

the 48 slow and 195 main are where everyone and their bro told me to start and it works great but I think the site does not like to have people reccomend numbers too much so sorry if I went a little too far.
  4. eric033

eric033 New Member

rejetting

Voodoo1 thanks for the info. I just got my Pro Pipes yestrerday I cant wait to get them on. I've decided to go with the Arlen Ness. Also thanks for the starting point on the jets I hope to have everything on by the middle of next week. I'll let you know how everything goes. :D
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

With the stock motor and cams, that's a lot of pipe IMHO, you need to make sure you have enough fuel, do you also have the stock baffle with it? I'd run the stock baffle with a stage 1 setup.

I'd be concerned that the pipes too much for the stock motor with the comp core baffle it could actually reduce power at some point because your motors going to have to keep up with the massive output that pipe can handle.
  6. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

gotta agree with HR king

that is alot of pipe and you do need back pressure ... drag pipes...work good at higher RPMS but HDs :rolleyes: are not high RPM bikes!! so that sweet little power band you get with all that free flow is not always the best..good luck though. CD will help ya alot!!!! IMHO I am just not a fan of drag pipes all the noise is kinda cool but when you gotta shift as as much as some of my buddies do compared to my setup I am happy with what I have. FInd out what goes on in the engine. Just IMHO...but TO EACH THIER OWN!! :cool:
    ENJOY!!!!