1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

New V&H straitshots

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Fat Boy, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Fat Boy

Fat Boy New Member

Hello all, I just purchased a set of strait shots for my 04 Fat Boy. Does anyone happen to know the torque for the nuts that hold the reainer to the head? Thanks in advance. :confused:
  2. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

Tighten the top nut of the front cylinder head exhaust to 9-18 INCH POUNDS. Tighten the lower nut to 120 INCH POUNDS. Finally go back to the top nut and final tighten it to 120 INCH POUNDS. Repeat the process to the back cylinder. Be sure to use the inch pound torqu wrench. Ride Safe David.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  3. Fat Boy

Fat Boy New Member

Thanks for the help. I purchased these pipes from another site, I will never make that mistake again. There was a defect in one of the pipes when I opened the box. They would not take them back, I had to call V & H for a replacement. Oh well, live and learn. Direct Parts is my site now. Thanks again, John :D