1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

No effect from EZ-Just screw

Discussion in 'EZ-Just Idle Mixture Screw' started by carlos garcia, Sep 28, 2021.

1. carlos garcia

carlos garcia New Member

I recently installed a CVP EZ-Just screw. I started at 2 1/2 turns out on my 40 mm CV carb. Turning it in or out has no effect. The carb has been professionally reconditioned. There are no vacuum leaks. It came with a 200 main and a 50 pilot, plus a needle with a shim (four positions down), which I removed.

When cold, with the enrichener out, the bike runs rough. If I bleep the throttle to smooth it out, I get two sneezes from the carb in quick succession. Once warmed up, the bike runs fine.

I am waiting on a 48 pilot, 190 main from CVP, along with a CVP Velocity needle. Do you think those additions will allow me to tune my carb with the EZ-Just, along with the 48 and 190, and help cure the sneezes?
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  2. carlos garcia

carlos garcia New Member

I found out that the choke cable I was using from my old Mikuni carb on my CV carb did not have a good fit and was causing a vacuum leak. The CV carb cable has a small step down on the plunger, and the Mikuni cable does not. I replaced it with an original choke cable for a CV carb.

The bike is now running smooth on start up, but the issue of the CVP-EZ Just screw not having any effect when turning it in or out remains. Is that an issue of having too large a pilot? I now have a 50.

I have heard that if your engine runs the best when you turn out the screw more than three turns, your pilot screw is too large and you should go down one, but I don't believe I am anywhere near the three turns out and there is no discernible increase or decrease in rpms.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  3. carlos garcia

carlos garcia New Member

4. carlos garcia

carlos garcia New Member

This is the latest. I installed a 48 pilot and a 190 main, a CVP Velocity needle, CVP needle jet, as well as a new manifold to carb spigot seal. There are no vacuum leaks. Still, no discernible difference in the EZ Just screw, either all the way in, or all the way out. I suppose the only thing left to do is to reinstall the original fuel adjusting screw to see if it makes a difference, but I will ride it a while and see how it performs as is.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Dang, sorry that you're not getting attention. Now I'm worried about Ken, the owner of CVP and founder of this site.