1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Not So Many Trips N' Trails

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by JohnnyBiker, Jul 17, 2016.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

This year has been the most uneventful summer for me as far as riding is concerned. Here we are in the middle of July and JohnnyBiker hasn't even clocked 1000 miles. As the summer rolls on and I am looking at the upcoming season ( or what's left of it) I have come to peace with the fact that I will probably not break the 1000 mile mark. Weird thing is though, I am ok with that.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Life has a way of doing that to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Yes it does. Maybe next year will be different.
  4. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Same here. Been to Americade,Laconia and one other ride. This weekend off nothing. Grass cutting, insulating house and getting ready for 6 guests next weekend:wtf:. Then off for 2 weeks with the grandkds to see my Mt Rushmore, Stanley hotel,little big horn battlefield and Rock and Roll hall of fame. If I can get one more driver I can take the bike otherwise the truck.
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I've almost had years like that. I've had many low-mileage years....but I was never OK with it. I think your long winters and your mech downtimes have messed with your mind:confused:. I prescribe some "me time" where you just take off, by yourself, and ride somewhere you haven't been but wanted to go that is at least 400 miles away. Leave on Saturday and come home Sunday. Do it for your soul!:doctor: