1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Oil Change's

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by BIKER883, Nov 29, 2004.

1. BIKER883

BIKER883 New Member

Hello Riders i have been Riding my sporty 883 for 7265.2 miles now. and have been changing the oil every 2500 miles. since the bike has allmost 7500 miles on it should the oil be change more or less then the listed miliage? thanks Ron :D
  2. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

Since I started riding Harley's more than 20 yrs ago I have always changed the oil at 2,500 miles. Now keep in mind if your in very dusty or very extreme heat conditions you may not want to go over 2,500 miles. The main killer that breaks down oil is "Heat"...I have always thought that its easier and cheaper to change oil at 2,500 miles verses rolling the dice and buying a new motor. Ride Safe, David.