1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

People Come. People Go.

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 20, 2014.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I was looking at some old threads on our site here and I saw a lot of names that I haven't seen post here for a long time. It really made me think, how the hell are they doing? Where the hell are they?

Just a bit of reflection. Thanks for being here gentleman, I do appreciate you all.:cool:
    FLHTbiker likes this.
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I hear you. There were a couple guys with serious health issues. Then there are a few others who just disappeared.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I've oftened wondered how the guy from Colorado is doing and who also has a place up in Alaska. Even Chuck don't post here much anymore.
  4. JohnnyBiker

You talking about Alex?
  5. FLHTbiker

Yep, that would be him.
  6. JohnnyBiker

I spoke to him 2 summers ago when Red, Hot Rider and I were in South Dakota. It was right when Colorado got nailed with all of that flooding. HarleysLR may know more.
  7. Fatboy128

How about "guillory" from Louisiana?
  8. JohnnyBiker

He pops in from time to time. Doesn't post but I see him online. Ask cardboard about him. I think them two met at some point and still may be in contact off the board. I have spoken to him over the phone once. Cool dude.
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ive seen a lot come & go after awhile over the years ,even had one say he was leaving cause where to G O P here & against them Dems, PS I geton here every once in a while but I haven't even been on the computer much here a lot just to much of life getting in the way , heck my bike still apart from months ago , the little riding I get in is on my bro-in-laws spare bike 06 883 good bike
  10. FLHTbiker

The one thing that I think helps keep this place going is the diversity with different topics. Just think how boring it would get if we all talked only about one subject. It's good we can have a variety of subjects here and have those who want to participate in it to do so.
  11. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

More to life than just bikes.
  12. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Bullshit and blasphemy!!! Life is bikes and bikes are life. Why else would the Pope own a Harley?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/0...avidson-fetches-327000-at-charity-auction-in/

I've had one all my life, thru thick and thin, thru single and married. And owning one is/was a difference maker.... even if it was just the ride to and from work, it was me time.

I couldn't imagine never having one. And the Ultra Low is just what the doctor ordered for me now older and shrinking everyday.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    HarleysLR likes this.
  13. FLHTbiker

14. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

Hey guys I still around, read more than I post. For some reason I can't post from my computer at the house since the "change". I'am posting this from work which I don't get a lotta time usually to check the forums. Still enjoy reading and seeing whats up with you guys.;)
    wege likes this.
  15. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Naw they have Beemers and rice.
  16. Fatboy128

Hey good to hear from ya bguillory66!!!!
  17. Roadster guy

Ha Ha!, I meant it in response to FLHTs comment on how he likes that the discussions are not just bike related. I know there is REALLY nothing else but bikes, just humoring him.;););););)
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  18. FLHTbiker

That is not what I stated.

This is what I said

(The one thing that I think helps keep this place going is the diversity with different topics. Just think how boring it would get if we all talked only about one subject. It's good we can have a variety of subjects here and have those who want to participate in it to do so.)

In other words not just about one persons bike project or about one persons trip but a variety of subjects. There was nothing in my statement that said not bike related. :rolleyes:
    badinfluence63 likes this.
  19. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Alex went on a ride with some us back in 2012 to Durango, i use to see him or at least his bike at different events bit since then haven't seen either, i do see or at least hear about Hot01 quite regular,
  20. Roadster guy

And you are correct about the "variety of subjects here". It is what keeps me checking in regularly here versus some "one thought only" forums. I've seen threads start with weather and end with cooking recommendations, and flow from bass boats to power tuners. It is interesting. From the local interest news stories posted, to roadtrip tales, to stories of family life both happy and sad, these are all things many other forums lack. Is it due to the fact many on here have more 'life experience" than most forum users elsewhere? Don't know, but it is pretty cool.
    badinfluence63, cowboy and FLHTbiker like this.