1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Picture size

Discussion in 'Using this forum - Help and Feedback' started by Roadster guy, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

I was going to post a few before pics of my bike for "Winter Tasks" in advance of taking it apart, but will not upload, says file too large. How do I make em smaller, is it a camera thing or a computer thing?
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

It is both. Your camera will shoot the picture at a certain size and when it is downloaded, it will store it at that size. Not sure what OP System you are using, but I am assuming that it is a Windows machine. If so, depending on which specific OP System you have, you have to compress the file.

Do you have Office Picture Manager?
  3. Roadster guy

I am using windows XP, I think it is XP Pro? Never saw Office Picture listed in my programs but I'll see if I can figure how to compress em. Maybe if I smash them with a hammer first they will fit.
  4. Roadster guy

Did not need a hammer. Camera has a setting for Email pics. Who knew? Tried compressing the original ones I took, but still too big. Guess it was both, and you were right. I had a brain fart. Thanks!
  5. JohnnyBiker

I am running Windows 7 and I have that program. I like it a lot. I had it when I was running Vista too. How big is it compressing it to?
  6. Roadster guy

on average, from 3.55MB down to 3.4MB, seems like a waste of time.
  7. JohnnyBiker

You should be able to compress your pics down to like 43kb. I know I can. I am surprised at how many people do not know what OP system that they are using. :banghead

XP should have Office Picture Manager. Go to your start tab, click it. In your search box, type Office Picture Manager. If you have it, it should come up.
  8. Roadster guy

Typed in search box, no results. Checked in all programs and expanded all programs by highlighting them individually, not there. Using windows XP Pro, version 2002, service pack 3, if that helps. Possibly removed in past. this computer has had more users than a whore at a truckstop.
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member