1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Pimp Daddy Bike kit

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by panhead, Jul 6, 2004.

1. panhead

panhead New Member

I have managed to succesfully build a custom chrome Pimp Daddy Kit, Has anyone else gone through this torture? Wow :confused: :mad:
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Pictures?

Love to see it, been thinking about it for a long time.
  3. panhead

panhead New Member

pics

will send some to you at ? what e mail address :)
  4. ffflhtcui

ffflhtcui New Member

Hey, post them on here so we can all see the bike. Yeah, I haven't figured out how to do it either. I'd like to see your finished ride, though.
  5. hotroadking

Post them here if you can, when you reply there is an icon a yellow square at the top of where you type click on it and it will allow you post a picture, you need to put it on the web at a picture sharing service or have a URL you can host from.

Scroll below while posting if you can't host images and you'll see "Attach Files", you can click there and it will let you upload a small image to your post.

Like This
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  6. panhead

panhead New Member

Pimp Daddy Pics

Heres one Iwill try to compress some others to send. Enjoy Panhead

Attached Files:

7. hotroadking

looks good from that angle.
  8. Simalril

Simalril New Member

Nice looking bike

I've been bouncing the idea of a kit around for some time. I was looking at the Pimp Daddys because they had a more traditional appearance than the more radical scooters. I grew up with a '47 knuckle that I sold years back. I'm looking for either a pan or knuck to restore, but kits are looking pretty good seeing as how the parts would be new and (theoretically) more dependable. In the promo shots of the Pimp's frame, it looks slightly different at the rear axle than the traditional rigids. Is this just the photo angle? Has the frame been extended to handle a bigger tranny/starter assembly, or is it just my imagination? I'd like to build a bobber that looks pretty authentic, and I'm pretty ignorant of the Pimp Daddy (or for that matter) kits in general.
  9. hotroadking

From another site

"Pimp Daddy" Rolling Chassis Kit
    Reminiscent of a stripped down '48 Pan, they've assembled all the hard to find parts to build the "Bobber" of your dreams! From the old-style floorboards to the classic springer front end, this bike's got cool written all over it! The "Pimp Daddy" Bike Kit comes complete with our brand-new 88c.i. "Pan" demonium™ engine, RevTech®
    4-Speed kicker tranny and everything listed below. "Pimp Daddy" is also available less engine and tranny as a Rolling Chassis kit.

"Pimp Daddy" Bike Kit includes:
    - 88 c.i. "Pan" demonium™ engine and motor mounts. Complete with S&S Super "E" carb & Mallory Unilite distributor.
    - RevTech® 4-Speed kickstart tranny.
    - Straight leg style rigid frame with Fat Bob tank mounts for chain rear drive. 2" stretch in down-tubes and 33 degree rake. (includes frame cups and heavy-duty
    bearings).
    - Old style oval floorboards with weld-on tabs and
    brackets.
    - Heavy-duty kickstand and bracket.
    - FXST style shifter/brake kits with chrome rear master cylinder.
    - 12V Bottom mount 61/2 inch headlight assembly with lowering block.
    - Stock length Springer® with axle kit and fender.
    - GMA billet dual-action front brake caliper, support bracket and mounting hardware.
    - White Bros. 36" wide Bikini Beach Bars with 3" vintage risers, dual cable throttle assembly and vintage grips.
    - 21" chromed 40 spoke front wheel (single flange)
    with 90/90H X 21" Avon® "Venom-X"™ whitewall tire, rim strip and tube.
    - 16" chromed 40 spoke rear wheel (dual flange) with 130/90HB X 16" Avon® "Venom-X"™ whitewall tire, rim strip, and rear axle kit.
    - Motor Factory™ chromed 3 1/2 quart side-fill hex
    wrap-around oil tank.
    - 3.5 gallon Fat Bob style gas tanks for screw-in type gas caps
    - Chrome cateye dash kit complete with 1:1 ratio
    white-face speedo, mounting kit and ignition switch.
    - 6" flat rear fender with chromed fender brace and 50's style taillight.
    - Assorted hardware.
    Part #cc171034 - PIMP DADDY CHASSIS/KIT BIKE with Pandemonium engine & RevTech 4 speed tranny ... retails $11,999.00, our price $11,500.00 including shipping

Part #cc171030 - PIMP DADDY ROLLING CHASSIS (same as kit above less engine and tranny) ... retails $3,999.00, our price $3,550.00 including shipping

Part # cc170283 - Pimp Daddy frame alone is also available. Frame only...$899.99

Part # cc170284 - Frame only for rear belt or 150 tire with chain ...$899.99
  10. Simalril

Simalril New Member

Pimp Daddy

So you mentioned it was torture to build. What were the primary obstacles? How many hours did you have in assembly? Was there a lot of expense in obtaining parts not included in the original kit? I have lots of questions, but unfortunately there isn't a lot of documentation on the web from folks who have actually completed the 'Daddy'. Would I have better luck building it from the frame up, or perhaps optioning just the frame/engine/tranny instead of the entire kit?
  11. dan001

dan001 New Member

Hey Panhead

Your bike looks great. I am currently in the process of building the "Pimp" right now. My buddy and I just started and I could really use some advice from you now that you have mastered this kit bike. Got any more pictures? I would love to see them.
  12. scottr

scottr New Member

pimp daddy kit

i am about to by a pimp daddy kit. it sounds like you had your hands full builidng yours. out of curiosity, what made it so challenging/difficult?
  13. sonny

sonny New Member

New Build

Hi,

I just put together the Pimp Daddy with lots of help from a local shop. Problem is I have a hell of a time kickstarting the thing. The mechanic can do it, I can't. I brought back the timing on the Mallory electronic ignition a bit just to try and kick it. It worked but now the engine is getting super hot. I don't know if the timing chnage just a few degrees might have caused the overheat. I can use any help you can provide. Some pics of your ride would also be kool. hope you can help.

Sonny