1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Pipes ?????????

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by bikerbob, May 11, 2004.

1. bikerbob

bikerbob New Member

I just installed a new set of Vance and Hines staggered big shots on my O3 FLST and I don't like the sound. I wanted a deeper sound, not the high pitched sound I got. Do the Big shots long have a deeper sound? Any recommendations for a deeper rumble? P.S. I have a NEW set of staggered big shots for sale!!!!
  2. gmuncy

gmuncy New Member

Pipes

Friend Of Mine Just Took His Stags Off And Is Putting On A Set Of Short Shots. He Has Got A Heritage Softtail I Will Let You Know After He Puts Them On
  3. DeathWind

DeathWind New Member

Repeat Info

This is a repeat post from an earlier thread.... You can see a picture of these pipes on my bike, a 2001 FXD, in at http://biketalk.directparts.com/showthread.php?t=55

I like a nice low throaty growl from the pipes, but did not want to sacrifice low and mid range. I bought the V&H Big Shots before I asked any questions and knew anything about the differences in available exhaust. The Big Shots were on the bike for a total of three days before I pulled them. They looked great, as all V&H do, but with baffles they were louder than some pipes running without baffles. I wanted better sound and performance without being obnoxious. So I pulled them off the bike, sold them and did some research. I went with the Hooker step tuned race style staggered exhaust. I could tell a big performance difference right away and I like their sound a lot better, unlike the higher frequency sound I got with the Big Shots. Just do some research along with the great advice given in Bike Talk.

NEW Info:

I seem to remember somebody mentioning that Vance & Hines now makes a new baffle for the Big Shots to quiet them down a bit. May have been on here that I heard it....anyone know if this is true or just another symptom of getting older?
    Last edited: May 12, 2004
  4. fatboyvtwin

fatboyvtwin New Member

Just to let ya know, I have a set of V&H short shots on my 1998 Fatboy, and they are loud with a very high pitch sound, a popping sound. So if your looking for a low deep rumbling sound I woulld stay away from the short shots. Ride Safe David.
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'd like to know about the baffles for the Big Shots too. I don't think I'm getting older, I'm just sick of $50 tickets for modified exhaust.
  6. CD

CD Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2004