1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Project Complete

Discussion in 'Projects' started by JohnnyBiker, Apr 16, 2010.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Well, I think that I figured out why I couldn't post pictures. :banghead: I feel stupid. So here are some pictures of my bike the day after I bought it. (The green thing). And also what my bike looks like at near completion. I do have the bike completed but I have not cleaned it up just yet. Those are on the way. Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      49.3 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      48.6 KB
      Views:
    • 194.JPG
      194.JPG
      File size:
      47.5 KB
      Views:
    • 181.JPG
      181.JPG
      File size:
      48.7 KB
      Views:
  2. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Good looking bike - did you do the paint yourself or have it done?
  3. JohnnyBiker

With this paint I had someone else do it. this paint was real expensive so I did not want to take the chance on screwing it up. Besides, I am not a painter, i am more of a mechanical person. It was a bummer though that I was not able to do the major mechanical work myself this time around because of time. I did put the tank, fenders, light, air cleaner, seat and other odds and ends on. Whatever time and schedule would allow.:cool:
  4. steveb

steveb Active Member

Good looking bike . Weather is nice now so you are probably getting eager to get out on the road.
  5. JohnnyBiker

I see that you are a fellow Minnesotan! I live in Hutchinson. Yes I am getting excited. Are you getting ready for the riding?

Thank You for the compliment it took a little bit of work but I am more than happy with the results. Here are some pics of the bike just after I cleaned it up. To get all of the pics that I took, I will have to make 3 different posts. Here are the first 4.

Attached Files:

6. JohnnyBiker

Here are the next ones.

Attached Files:

7. JohnnyBiker

Here are the last 3 pictures.

Attached Files:

8. steveb

steveb Active Member

I am ready to ride as soon as I get the cast off my left hand . I had tendon re-attachment surgery 3 weeks ago . Cast comes off next Tues. then I will be out riding. You must live about as far south of the cities as I live north.
  9. JohnnyBiker

Actually, I live about 1 hour west of the cities. If you follow US 212 from the cities, then hit MN 22, that will take you to the place.
  10. steveb

steveb Active Member

I am about 35 miles straight north of the cities. After I get my hand back and my new pipes on I may have take a trip dwn that way.
  11. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

nice looking bike!!!!!! stay safe and have fun!!!!!!
  12. JohnnyBiker

Hey that would be awesome. Just let me know when that would be. i work weekends but I am sure we would be able to work something out. I am always up to meeting new friends.
  13. JohnnyBiker

Thank You.

Here is the low down of the project.

Paint: two tone ppg vibrance-black is called So Black with Orange Pearl Flake added. If this was not done the black was just simply boring. The orange is called Oh So Orange. This is a candied pearl which will look different depending on light and angle.

Tank is a Quick Bob rubber mounted 2" extended 4 gallon from drag specialties.
    Seat is a Mustang.
    Pipes are from Radii. they are 2" Vipers
    The air cleaner is a D&M Custom Cycles Spike series. this whole assembly was just under $700.
    Tear drop tail light with a angle bracket on the back so I did not have to mount it high up on the fender.
    The fenders are from Sumax. These are their Hugger series fenders. These guys are awesome. the first front fender that they made me was too small. I called them up and they made me a complete new one, free of charge, did not charge me shipping, and said that I could keep the the first one that they made.
    the engine work that I had done was fairly simple. I bought a pair of 1200 jugs from american v-twin that included gaskets, pistons and of course the jugs. The CR is 10.0:1.
    I had some headwork done too. I had the heads ported and polished and also they were shaved .006".
    Some small things here and there, but that is basically it.
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

good looking ride there , enjoy your riding season & stay safe :cool: