1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Puzzle pieces

Discussion in 'Projects' started by cowboy, May 1, 2011.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I now have all but one small part to do the complete top end & EFI to carb swap I was very lucky getting parts , good folks here & cregslist & bought some new from H D dealers just last thursday I called a guy with parts on C list Houston he just gave me the intake from his 04 E glide ,& picked up the rings via bro-in-law , jonny biker did a lot of leg work getting me the ignition harness harleysLR sold me a carb good price , COLO springs C list I found a SE ICM carb model call the guy & made a deal sent money order & recived it I have found in my search for parts theres still some real good honest people willing to help a fellow rider out :cool: I post about the deal I got from the guy in Houston on 06 model heads & jugs with pistons & many thanks go to both lucfer & chucktx for all the info via either via PH or email , first part of this week is real busy for me , so work done & pics to follow & the one small part still need is a pet ****/ fuel valve , I have looked at both stock & pingle
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That is great news Cowboy and glad it is all coming together. Hope it all works out for you. That's quit an undertaking you are doing. :)
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Good to see it's all coming together....I think for the petcock, I'd get the Pingle and adapter....Post lotsa Pics:D
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

congrats! dont forget, were here incase ya stumble a bit..........
  5. cowboy

I should 'nt stumble ,I put a lock on the beer box :roflmao:
    were changing nuralgest (sp) for Bill, two in a month first was good But said this other one is better so a few appointments this week for him , took Bill down last week for a EEG & the new doc is the one that reads them for the whole place & know's his stuff from what we here , Both Tim grandson & I have doc s to see this week as well , I told the wife that later this week when all this is done, I off to the garage for the bike work :D
  6. chucktx

:cheers::cheers:
  7. FLHTbiker

Don't forget the pics:)
  8. cowboy

OK called pingel to see about prices coulnd't find squit on there web site all I can here is there real proud of there two parts :banghead::banghead: I pulled my parts book (HD) & can get all the parts form lotas HD via FLHT I think i spelled it right for half of what pingel wants for there ,HD 7 parts , pingle two parts HD price $68.92 pingle price $135. :banghead:
  9. FLHTbiker

You were pretty close but its Latus Motors:) Let me know if I can help in anyway. They are only 6 miles from me and the parts people know me by my first name, well so does everyone in there including the owner.
    You should see the parts girl Kristie what a cut kid, she is also a grad from the Harley mech school in AZ, she knows whats she is talking about. She also married one of the mechanics at Latus HD. The older guys that also work there are always going to her for answers. I shot black powder with her grandpa for 20 years to. Sweet kid, :)
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I might have an old HD petcock, but it's been in the attic in a box for 10 years
    so as far as condition who knows from the Fl heat and no fluid.

Call my friend Phil at www.harleypartscheap.com see if he can get you
    a price on a petcock, pingle or otherwise

He's always done me very good on prices and he's a good guy and
    a member here too..
  11. chucktx

sound advise!!
  12. cowboy

Thanks both FLHT & HRK , I 'll double check with phil & you FLHT , I was going to try to start pulling her apart tomorow , & go from there , :D
  13. hotroadking

Let me know if u want the petcock and I will look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. cowboy

yes as I'll need one , thanks HRK :cool:
  15. hotroadking

Ok I will look pm me an addy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Good luck, Cowboy!
  17. cowboy

I got to start taking some parts off today , like the EFI wiring harness , what a choir , also dropped the top engine mount, I have one pic of the wiring coming off will post it & more as taken , Hope to get some more time tomorrow :D
  18. cowboy

now have the EFI off just got in :( had to much running around todo today , hoppen saterday gets better for time