1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Question for starting out

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by baggerpaul, Nov 22, 2011.

1. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

getting my ducks in a row current jetting on my 88 with cams and head work and duals . 46 195 cv needle and spring for slide . going to 98 . same cams and exhaust im thinking a 48 - and a 200 main. any replys will be awesome . thanks in advance . im in the high 14.1 .14.5 at wide open on the high rpm side now . so i do think the bigger main is in order not sure on the slow jet .
  2. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

You could leave the 46 in and see what the idle mix tells you...but your probably right going 1 up on each jet
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

sounds like fun
    you'll go up on jets including needle probably
  4. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hi Paul, is your build already at a 98 or is that the next step? if you are using my needle (CVP) don't change anything in that area. For a 98" I would bump up a size from where you were at previously. Pilot 46 -> 48 or 48 -> 50. Main will probably bump up to a 200 but test your bottom end first and get the idle settled.

If your baseline parts are something other than what came in the CVP tuners kit let me know.
  5. baggerpaul

going fromm 88 to 98 have not done any thing yet just want to get the parts in order know so that i can jet the carb while it is apart. i will pm ya ken with my info so that i can order jets . thank you guys and have a great! thanksgiving.
  6. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

I know this is an older thread, just wanted to say on an older Yamaha XS650 That I put a 750 kit on I thought I would need to adjust the carbs. So when I got it running I spent two weeks swapping parts around. I ended up right where I started.
    Adding a few ci with no other changes probably won't need any carb work. Try it the way it is.
    Leo
  7. baggerpaul

That's. Exactly. What I did ran it the way it was reset my slow yet and the
    main was good.