1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rebuild

Discussion in 'Projects' started by alex, Apr 16, 2009.

1. alex

alex New Member

Looking for any Harley basket case in tact or in boxes.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Not sure what area you are in but a good source I've found for project bikes is Craigslist. Just beware of scammers on that site. A few years back I picked up a basketcase (6 boxes worth) on eBay - harley, Motorcycle Parts, American and I'm sure with people tightening their belts they may be unloading their unfinished projects for extra cash.
  3. alex

alex New Member

thanks for the info but already did the craigslist and ebay thing. and yes your right. there were a few projects that people wanted to unload at a high cost.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Alec welcome to the site ,on C/L have you tried looking all over , I'am not to far from Houston TX ,& have looked all over TX & many other states , There was some good deals on HD shovel heads & early evos , Thers was also some good deals on twin cams as well but has a salvage title do to flood damage ,so a complete basket case ready to take apart & redo
  5. alex

alex New Member

Where did you locate these twin cams with a salvage title. I'm in Southern California just out of L.A. Thanks Cowboy
  6. cowboy

On the Houston TX C/List under Harley in the motorcycle you might have to back a few pages to find them
  7. fujimo

fujimo New Member

basket

my nieghbor/riding partner,,picks those wreked ones up,,,,sends frames to the frame guy,,,in calif,,,he lasers them straighter than factory...for 1000.00 .... than puts back together and sells,,,, salvage title on some,,,not all,,,thing is he can also really paint well,,, this guy even takes the stock duels and cuts out crossover and methodically cuts angles from other pipes to make bend for tru duells,,,grinds inside and out as he goes,,,jeez a lot of work but looks great when done,,, lots of patience,,,,pops
  8. quietone

quietone Active Member

9. alex

alex New Member

10. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

cowboy, where you talking about that salvavge place out by beaumont? that guy out there over the past few years has doubled his prices, saw a rebuilt shovel motor on the craiglist here in salt lake for 2500.00
  11. cowboy

no I would'nt even talk about him , he's selling flooded out bikes & like you said jacked his prices up since rita
  12. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

crashedtoys.com