1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rebuilding my carb top to bottom with CVP parts, specific info requested

Discussion in 'CV Performance' started by Bobbed06, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Bobbed06

Bobbed06 New Member

OK guys, I am new here on the forum but have been wrenching for years.I am building a 2000 HD Superglide Sport and here are the specs.

88 inch stock compression engine ( will be switching to a 95 high comp setup eventually)

S&S 510 Gear Drive Cams

Screamin Eagle Stage 1 Backplate with K&N Filter

Thunderheader 2-1 Pipe

Carb-Stock (may have been altered by PO but I will remove it and confirm the slide hasnt been drilled and post pics and info when I do) so I can get accurate info for parts that I need.

Sea Level

Originally I was gonna chuck the stock carb in the garbage and swap it for a Mikuni HSR 42 but have decided I am gonna give the old stocker a go since alot of guys have successfully made over 100HP/100TQ with this carb and the Dyno sheets look nice and smooth for a street driven bike.

Here are the parts I want to use

Choke Relocation Bracket.....My current choke is mounted on the horn bracket so what choke cable do I need for the CVP relocation?

CVP Choke Bracket - CV Performance

Premium CVP Tuner Kit since I want the stainless idle adjuster screw, and mixture screw packing kit anyway.

CVP Harley Carb Premium Tuners Kit - CV Performance

The rebuild kit so i can get the float needle and new gaskets

Deluxe CV carburetor rebuild kit - CV Performance

The Ductor

CVP V-Ductor - CV Performance

and the Nice Elbow

CVP Fuel Max Inlet Elbow - CV Performance

Is this stuff really gonna allow this carb to come alive to a performance level of a Mikuni HSR? Specifics on jetting baseline would be appreciated.

Can I order directly from the CVP website? Any ETA on the Rebuild kit availability? I am sure the intake gaskets, bowl gasket, and float needle need replacing.

Basically I want to order all the parts to have a new decked out CVP carb, totally freshened up, with the proper jets for my application, along with the choke relocation and proper choke cable required.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012