1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ride Across the Country

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by AndrewByrd963, Jun 20, 2013.

1. AndrewByrd963

AndrewByrd963 New Member

Hello fellow riders! In September 2013, I will be taking a 10 day, 10,000 mile journey around the United States on my Kawasaski Concours 14 to raise awareness and support for Kids ‘n Kamp. Kids ‘n Kamp is an independent, nonprofit organization that serves as a lifeline of support for children and their families touched by childhood cancer. I know first hand the kind of impact this organization provides, as they loved and supported my family during my son’s battle with Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma. Thankfully my son is now cancer free. Now, it’s my turn to give back to the organization that has given so much to so many. If you’re interested in donating to my journey or learning more about Kids ‘n Kamp, please search The Journey of Andrew Byrd

Thank you!
    Andrew
  2. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Good luck and train like hell...10,000 miles in 10 days is a hell of a lot for any one...
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Darn 1k miles a day will be real hard to do , hard on both man & machine , gods speed
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Man, 1000 miles a day for 10 days in a row for a total of 10'000 miles, I hope your real young and in great physical shape. Good luck, your gonna need it. That's a killer run, wow more power to you. :D
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Good luck and glad your son is cancer free.
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

You will have little time for anything else but riding, eating and sleeping. Hope all goes well for you.
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Doubt if he will have much time to even sleep Joshbob.
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Yeah. Once, and only once, did I do a thousand + mile day on my '72 Ironhead. I was 28 and it took 23 hours to get from Kent, Ohio to Melbourne, Fla., and I remember spending a couple days recuperating and sleeping on the beach. You could do that in those days . . . :D.

I'm sure it's easier on a bagger, but it's hard to imagine doing 10,000 miles in 10 days.