1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Rode in the Cascade MTNs today

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 7, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Maddog, Loren (a longtime friend) and I went for a long ride today meeting at 9AM then crossing over two sections in the Cascade MTN range. Had lunch at a restaurant that over looks the lake.
    We traveled to Sweet Home Oregon then across Foster dam and lake then up to Green Peter reservoir and then up Quartz creek. Quartz creek is a beautiful mountain stream in the national forest. Rode through there then into Detroit lake for some great Huckleberry ice cream. We then rode up rode that follows up to the summit by MT Jefferson and hen down the Clackamas river. Was a beautiful ride today and got back at 6:15 PM.
    First two pictures were borrowed.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Nice pics . . . raining here a lot, but still warm.
  3. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Very Nice...
  4. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Scenery looks great. Every ride there must be such a blast. Make sure you don't take it for granted.
  5. FLHTbiker

With great roads to ride and scenery like this we never get tired of riding in Oregon. We can head for the mountains or along the Oregon coast

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

As I remember, Oregon kept their roads in good condition, too. Best of both worlds.
  7. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

man just awesome country ! the more i look at those pics the more i want to take a trip . cant wait till i can get some travel time . hot day ya just want to take a dip in a creek like that after a long ride pop up a tent and park the bike next to ya and know you can ride again in the morning to another spot and do it all over again. thanks for the awesome pics . you live in a awesome riding state. enjoy this hell out of it !keep up the good pics
  8. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Wow. Similar to where I live except minus the annoying traffic. The northwest and the northeast have similar mountainous views and probably similar weather. I think your views are slightly more majestic.

However I know we have the ridiculous traffic and urban compact. It's a bitch to come out of the upper New Hampshire area to the rest of the country. How about for you?
  9. FLHTbiker

There is only one place that has the annoying traffic and that is the Portland metro area. I don't know how it compares to yours but I know its nothing like the traffic out of DC and Richmond area oh yea Boston to.
    I can ride out of my driveway and never touch a freeway and ride for hours upon hours and never ride on a freeway or into heavy traffic.
    A few of the nice areas to ride in we sometimes take the freeway to get into them quicker. However, I can ride clear to Idaho or clear down to Reno Nevada and never get on a freeway or heavy traffic. I can also ride clear to AZ without getting on a freeway or heavy traffic.
    Where I live we don't get the heavy snow that many parts of the country get. We usually will get a skiff or an inch, very rarely get a lot of snow.