1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Screamin Eagle Pro Efi Super Tuner Pn 32109-08

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by JetDoctor, Jun 25, 2008.

1. JetDoctor

JetDoctor New Member

I have a '08 Heritage FLSTC that I purchased about a month ago. I have ridden a lot of harley's in the past with smaller engines and thought boy this 96 CI is going to be great. Man was I let down. It was slugish, ran hot and had to run 93 Octane fuel or it would predetonate. Two weeks ago I purchased the SUPER TUNER and have been tweeking it since. Man you can change everyting about the motor with this thing. I started by using 87 Octane fuel. Should not have to run high octane fuel with 9 to 1 compression but harley had to do this so they coud tune it for emissions standards. Upped the accell enrichment (which is like the accelerator pump on a carburator)That made a huge difference it is 10 times as responsive now. Then began the road tests and tweeking. These bikes are equiped with spark knock sensor that retard timing when it senses predetonation. When I record a run with the tuner (very cool function of the tuner) it will show how much spark knock retard it had to use to prevent predetonation then I can either richen the air/fuel ratio or retard timing from there. I did highway normal driving to WIDE OPEN THROTTLE runs. Man what a difference. This thing definitely is using all 96 cubes now. Wide open throttle is kind of scary now. I like it! And runs a lot cooler now. Once I got use to all the very inpressive functions this thing had it was a snap to use. If any one would like a copy of my tune I can shoot it to them.
  2. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

JETDOCTOR, Is this from Harley or is it aftermarket? I have a 07 Screamin Eagle Road King with the 110 c.i., Running a PCIII a little on the rich side to cool it down some. Dealer is tring to talk me into doing away with the PCII and going with SE race tuner. I wonder if the one u have is just for the 08's have been told that PC and previous Race Tuners do not work well with the 08's. The cruise control went out on my bike last month and dealer can't seem to find out what is wrong with it, so they are tring to blame it on the power commander, sometimes the cruise works and some time it won't.

DKIN

Live Easy, Ride Hard
  3. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

not sure on these 08's. if i where in your situation i'd just wait and watch. see what they come up with. could end uo saving you some money. one things for sure the steeler should know but always seems to know the least when it comes to tuning a HD. PC will come up with something we can do ourself. or maybe the up and coming thundermax. HD seems to be always trying to make it impossible to do anything but go through them and their products. but thank god they typically fail:D hang in there:cheers:
  4. JetDoctor

JetDoctor New Member

Yes it is made by HD and it will work on all the Fuel injected motors but really takes advantage of the O2 controlled motors (06 Dyna and up and All other models 07 and up). The cool thing about the SE super tuner is you don't have to deal with dealer anymore which seams to know very little about tuning. With the SE super tuner you put it in real life driving situations record it them make changes from there. Unlike the dealer with a dyno. From what I understand about the Power commander is it replaces the stock ecu so if you put the stock ecu back on and program it yourself with the SE super tuner then the dealer can't blame the faulty cruise control on your Power commander.
  5. Hammerhead too

Hammerhead too New Member

SE Pro Efi Super Tuner Part no 32109-08

I read your thread and it very much interested me. I ordered a Super Tuner thinking it would come with some instruction. To say the least I was disappointed. I am an accomplished ASE Master Tech. so the concepts are quite familiar as to how the fuel injection works on these bikes. I made the assumption I could probably do most of this tuning myself and install a preset map that fairly well matched my bike. I have an 08 Street Glide that is stock except for Rush slip-ons and the SE Air cleaner. It runs extremely hot and is sluggish to say the least. I had a 03 Heritage with EFI, 95 cid and HD 204 cams that would eat this Glide for breakfast. I have heard the Super Tuner really wakes these bikes up if set up right. If you could provide some help with info on installation, setup, cables used, mounting, downloading pre-set maps or anything else it would be of great help. Harley as usual, never wants you to do have enough info. They just want your money and want their techs to do all the work.
  6. JetDoctor

JetDoctor New Member

Yip, The instruction manual is lacking to say the least or is non-existent. All it provides you is basic EFI operation. All the tuning functions in the super tuner program are hidden and have no explanation as to what their use is. I think HD did this purposely to force you to take the bike to the dealer for a $2000 dyno run and a tune that probably will not run good anyway. When I bought the tuner at the dealer they told me I would have to bring it to them to tune it. I DON'T THINK SO. I have an almost identical setup as you, Rush slip ons and Arlen Ness Big Sucker Air Cleaner. I can send you a copy of the tune I have on my bike by E-Mail. I will PM you my E-Mail and phone # so you can give me a hollar and I can show you where the tuning part of the program is. When I get time I will make a write up of where the tuning functions are and what they are.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  7. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Hey JetDoctor, I sent you a PM.

I have the same set up as Hammerhead... 08 Street Glide, Rush slipons. Interested in setting it and forgetting it without being at the mercy of the dealer.
  8. JetDoctor

JetDoctor New Member

I have a tune on my bike right now that is making tons of power, no surging, very responsive, no pinging and no deceleration exhaust popping. It is running on 87 octane. 87 octane is cheaper and has more power. I can E-Mail you this tune and give you some tuning instruction. PM sent
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  9. kenfuzed

Just make sure if you ever go in for service that you don't mention the 87 octane fuel to them. You don't want to give the dealer any excuse for voiding your warranty.

I'd like to take a look at that tune if you could email it to me when you get the chance.
  10. judgemechanical

judgemechanical New Member

Hey guys, first post here...I also have the 2008 SG with slip on Rienharts and a heavy breather intake as well as the new super tuner. I would love to get a look at the tune you are running and any tuning help you can offer would be well appreciated.

Hope you can help out, Judge
  11. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

If'n you buy a sert you just gonna have to break down and find a HD show with a good dyno man to take advantage of the sert.
  12. kenfuzed

Judge, I just picked up the Super Tuner myself but haven't had a chance to run it yet. Once I do I'll share. My set up might be slightly different since i'm running Rush slip ons.

JetDoctor seems to have dropped out of sight but if he comes back he said he has a tune to share as well.
  13. madcatter

madcatter New Member

i am interested in the setup.i have never messed with mine but i would like to see what i can get outta the motor.
    i have a 07 streetglide,se airintake and slipon mufflers i don't know what the turner is set at but i am afraid to mess withit while just guessing.
    email is
    madcatter1@verizon.net
  14. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Hey...e-mail or post us the info on the SE super tuner...I have 08 streetglide with SE Stage 1 air filter kit and Vance & Hines true dules with V&H fuel- pak.Would like to find a better run....
    email is saf@falcon1.net
  15. kenfuzed

I've been working on 2 different maps. One utilizes the closed loop while the other overrides CL operation with a full map of all ranges. I will share both once I have them both tested.

PS... don't pay web sites for maps! They get them from people who paid good money to get their bike tuned, so why should it be sold for a second profit? I encourage everyone to share their maps so everyone can benefit.
  16. cardboard

Don't you need to have your bike dynoed and a program to git the best use out of this Pro tuner, "new sert" made by kent moore.
  17. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Would be nice to run a little better with the se tuner,but with out any assitance from here i would be forced to dealer....be nice if the set up was posted here...I think many of us would go for it.The V&H fuel pak works good with the V&H pipes but it sounds like not as good as it could be.:D
  18. cardboard

Not meanin to git off subject of the super tuner, but the Arlen Ness Big Shot works better than the Fuel Pack and is not as limited as the fuel pack to pipes and air box only.
    And if you go to a Thundermax with Auto Tune you even blow all of them away.
  19. kenfuzed

I agree with you on the Thundermax + Autotune, except they only make it for models up to 2007. They haven't released one for the newer 08's with throttle by wire (TBW) yet. Besides the TBW which changes how the Thundermax must determine throttle position, the space under the seat on touring models is now gone so mounting becomes another change they need to consider. They have been promising a Thundermax for the 08 for months now but still haven't released anything.

For those unfamiliar with the Thundermax w/Autotune, it uses wideband O2 sensors in place of the narrow band sensors (switches) which allows this system to automatically tune on the fly based on actual readings from the exhaust. Those who have this system on earlier models love them! I would dump my race tuner in a heartbeat once they come out with a Thundermax for my 08.

BTW, I've written the Thundermax people several times and they don't respond. Too bad their service isn't as good as their products.
  20. Hdtractor1

Hdtractor1 New Member

Thanks for the info on the Thundermax.I had many who said dump the Fuel-pak and get the Power Commander....I tried the power commander and it never performed well at all...I sold it....would like to try a max if they come out with one for an 08