1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Screamin Eagle Pro Efi Super Tuner

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by RaKs toy shop, Mar 20, 2010.

1. RaKs toy shop

RaKs toy shop Active Member

I’m new to the forum so let me introduce my scooter to help you know what I’m talking about. This is my first EFI bike and I’m lost without a Carb. I have a 2007 FLSTC Heritage Classic with the stage I, 110CI big bore, V&H Big shot longs, SE Pro Super Tuner (32109-08A). The bike was tuned by the dealer that installed the big bore kit and it runs excellent and gets 40 to45mpg. The problem is when you start it and until it warms up (5 minutes or so) it idles very fast then slows to 1120 RPM (according to a mechanic that I asked to fix it). He loosened my throttle cables (very loose) it lowered the RPM to 1100 and charged me 50 bucks. I don’t have the software or cables for the tuner. And was wondering what all can you do with the tuner.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I'am not sure about the SE tuner, but my power com 111 came with the cables & softwhere , & welcome to the site , what part of Nm are you from ?
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

The only thing you can do with that tuner involves a computer and the tuner software. There is nothing manual you can set on an EFI bike and there are specific settings in the program for warm up idle speed and duration. I would take it back to the dealer who set it up and insist they fix that, a 5 minute warmup is not normal.
  4. RaKs toy shop

Back to the dealer is not a good option they are 700 miles away and if I understand you then If I buy the software and the cables then I can take care of my problem myself. Thanks

P.S. Answer to your question, Cowboy. Clovis NM
  5. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

The software is a matched set with the installed tuner, so if that dealer didn't give it to you then you need to buy the whole tuner again (yeah it sucks). As long as you are spending the money I would recommend going with a Power commander instead.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

maybe call them and see if they will send it to you.....
  7. RaKs toy shop

I have the little box with a button that you use the cords from the bike to the box then to the computer. I don't have the disk (CD) or cords. Is the box the software or is the disk?
  8. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Welcome Raks, ya you can buy the software for your lap top and the cables and yes if you know the software and EFI maps for the tuner you can fix the warm up duration and a whole lot more if you want to mess the programing:fight:
  9. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

not sure about the ability of your tuner to influence idle, especially the high idle. i'd call hd and ask them. does it do it all the time? this problem isn't that uncommon every so often. i have a 06,efi, that likes to do that. u may wish to seach past treads. i'v heard of this before on this site. hope this helps:devil:
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Rak's , I guess high plans did'nt have what you wanted ? Like chuck said I would try & call the dealer who did the work & see if they can/will mail it to you or see if they have your infor in there computer & email it to you , been through clovis mant a time headed to Alb
  11. RaKs toy shop

12. BIGJOHN68

BIGJOHN68 New Member

I bought all the cables, software and training DVD thinking I'd let the dealer do the master tune on the dyno and then I'd just go in and make small adjustments here and there..................the training DVD was great, very detailed and helpful, but you really need to be technician to be going in and making changes with this program. Again very good program overall, every aspect of your ECM can be tuned in detail, just not user friendly.
  13. RaKs toy shop

Problem Fixed! YEA!! :D My local Harley dealer GM aproched me Tuesday when I went to pick up some chrome. He asked if I would be willing to let him dyno my 110CI scooter with his new dyno. He heard that my scoot ran very well. I offered to let him if he would fix my warm up idle issues but no tuning in exchange. He agreed and now I have a free dyno spread sheet (big whoop)but my scooter idles down after a short warm up. Now when its warm it idles at a smooth 1000 RPM. several people have told me that a big bore twin cam shouldn't idle much lower that a 1000RPM so i'm satisfied. (for Now)
  14. BIGJOHN68

BIGJOHN68 New Member

Well let's hear the numbers from the dyno sheet!
  15. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Your bike is idling exactly where its designed to. 1000 RPM for the new bikes is correct. At start up they idle a bit higher than drop to 1000, your fine. :)
  16. RaKs toy shop

Dyno Info for what its worth. The true test is riding and how it makes you feel when you twist it! I just let them dyno it to get the idle fixed.

Motorcycle: 2007 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
    Screanin' Eagle 110 cubic Inch Stage I Kit, Screamin Eagle Pro Efi Super Tuner, Vance & Hines Big shot Longs

Horse Power 95.4
    Torque 114 ftlbs
    Air Fuel Ratio .87 to .92