1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

SERT Map

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by 1loneultra, May 4, 2007.

1. 1loneultra

1loneultra New Member

Performance Gurus,
    2005 Ultra 1450 with:
    SE Air Filter, SERT, 64903-99 discontinued SE One Piece Slipons.
    It has been dynoed with the SERT but I want to try the Rush 2" slipons.
    Will I need to remap and dyno again?
    Anybody have a SERT map for this combo?

1lu
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

you should re dyno and see if it needs re-mapped hows that sound. or get a power commander or some other tuner se race tunner type stuff and do it yerself
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

It's hard to say since I'm not familiar Rush slip ons. It could be that they have a similar flow as the Screamin Eagles but only different sound qualities. If thats the case then you won't need to remap. You may not know until you install them. I agree that a Power Commander would be the answer and save on having to head back to the dealer for tuning.
  4. Dakota

Dakota New Member

I'd really be surprised if there were enough of a difference in the two mufflers to require retuning, but there might be. If you've already got a SERT I can't see any reason to buy a PC on top of it, unless the PC can do tuning automatically, which I don't think it can.
    The biggest problem with either of these two systems, that I can see, is that neither one will tell you what your exact AFR is. You can tell it what AFR you want but that doesn't mean that you are ending up there. If you want to do it yourself, get a TwinScan II+ unit and you can set your AFR correctly and then use make changes to it and know that you are right. The only difference that a pipe change should make would be in the AFR and I doubt that you would need a new timing advance map.
    I had my bike dyno tuned and it was still off so I bought a TwinScan II+ and did it myself and it runs great now. Also did my wife's bike with it and it runs great too.