1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

SEST Pro map for 08 FLHX

Discussion in 'EFI Maps and Tuners' started by kenfuzed, Dec 7, 2008.

1. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

This map has been developed for a 2008 FLHX with Rush slip-ons and Arlen Ness Big Sucker aircleaner. The map should apply to all touring models with Rush slip ons (1.75 baffles). Also the ma eliminates the closed loop portion of the original map, tuned using a dyno, and had the decel settings adjusted to lean the deceleration for almost no popping.

Be sure to have your tuner software updated before launching file. Map was created on a SE Super Tuner with the latest software update.

Attached Files:

2. Bdit

Bdit New Member

Map

thanx for the map Ken, I guess i should have expanded on my setup, I have a SE AC, w/ Vance And Hines Big Shot duals using Thunder Monster Q2 baffels,(w/ o2 sensors) I would like to retain the closed loop operation or at least down to 14.1 -14.2 afr if possible. This thing is just a gutless wonder on the bottom end, and the fuel mileage has gone to about 35 mpg....The dealer didn't or wouldn't give me the map ( which I paid for) so I have no way of knowing what, if anything other than the basic map that is in the ecm.

Thanks again,

Brian
  3. iceman81002

iceman81002 New Member

2008 Road King Confusion

I own a '08 Road King Classic. I am running a SEST, Bassani Power Curve Duals, Arlen Ness Big Sucker, and Rush Slip-Ons with 2-1/2" Baffles. The dealer ship I used had it running so rich it burned the wrapping on the baffles to a crisp and fowled the plugs. So I have tuned it myself. Not bad, but still not happy with it. I someone could provide a good map I would sure appreciate it before I go and put this Power Commander on my bike. If I could get a good map, I will return the Power Commander or get my money back, If that is even possible. But I want my baby running on all 96 cubic inches. I know it is capable of almost 100 ft/lbs of torque. The stealership told me all they could get was 72 ft/lbs at 68 hp. That blows. So please help the Iceman. I would appreciate it. I do have the plugs to terminate the O2 sensors if that helps.

The Iceman
  4. kenfuzed

Unless you find someone who also has the same Bassani duals you aren't likely to find the same map. Unfortunately the Super Tuner falls short unless you get it mapped by an experienced dyno tuner. You can tweak the map here and there and get things set close but you'll never squeeze out ever cubic inch without just the right map.

I ran across an HD dealer site selling maps they previously performed for their own customers and I've heard good things about them. The downside is they charge $75 for the map and only provide if you have the identical setup.
    Fuel Injection Maps - Harley-Davidson Forum
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Ken, thats my dealer and Mike is considered one of the top dyno guys in the country. He has tuned a couple of bikes for me. They have a lot of maps for a wide variety of set ups. He is not cheap either but he does them right.
  6. iceman81002

iceman81002 New Member

Resetting ECM to OEM Tuning w/Super Tuner

:witsend: I have a 2008 Road King Classic, with Arlen Ness Big Sucker, Bassani Power Curve head pipes, and Rush slip-ons w/2.5" baffles. I have taken it to my stealer twice for dyno tuning, and it is still not right. I called them to ask how to set my ECM back to OEM settings so I may put the Power Commander I purchased on, and well they want me to bring it in again for another $300.00 run. I am just tired of it not running right. The last run it was so rich it burned the wrapping around the baffles to a crisp, and the spark plugs were carbon black. So If any one has a good tuning or can tell me how to get the OEM settings back by using the Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner, I would be more that grateful and ecstatic. Thank You very much in advance.

The Iceman
    shane.norton@suddenlink.net
  7. kenfuzed

Iceman, if you have the Super Tuner then you actually have a map in there that is close to stock (actually Stage 1). I would think that would get you back to (near) normal so you can run the Power Commander. If you aren't sure of the map let me know and I'll upload the one from my files that appears close. Of course you need the tuner module in your possession to make this work.

Alternative, go back to the dealer and tell them you want to Stage 1 flash. That should overwrite the map and probably only cost you $80 or so.
  8. iceman81002

iceman81002 New Member

Reflash

Kenfuzed, Thank You very much,
    I do have the module. I would appreciate you letting me know which map is close to OEM. I am so fed up with my stealership I prefer to do it myself. So it would be helpful it you could shoot me the file, or just let me know which one and I will see if it is in the software. For some reason my software won't update either. It keeps telling me I have no internet connection. Anyway, thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

The Iceman
    shane.norton@suddenlink.net
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008