1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Small project

Discussion in 'Projects' started by plumbertom, Nov 25, 2009.

1. plumbertom

plumbertom Active Member

Ever since my first long distance ride on my '09 FXD I have bee dissatisfied with the stock bars.
    They are too low for my short arms and I tend to lean on them which makes my wrists and back sore after a couple hundred miles.
    Finally I found someone with a FXDB that had changed out his stock baby apes for full ape hangers and had the bars, cables and brake line in good conditn that he wanted to part with. I got them all for $60.
    Yesterday I went to McCloskys and ordered a Namz wire extension kit then to the dealer for a clutch release cover gasket and the o-ring for the cable.
    I hope to get all of this put together sometime next week when the wire kit comes in.
    I think this will be the last mod on this bike for a while. Unless, that is, I can get a smokin' deal on a self tuner. I really want one but $800-$900 or more is almost a complete months income for me.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

good luck on your project & be sure to add the pic's
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

agree with cowboy!!!!!!
  4. plumbertom

plumbertom Active Member

Been looking around the net today tying to locate a Molex extraction tool.
    The prices I've seen so far are compleatly out of line with the value of the tool.
    One site wanted $75 for a single tool, and then S&H on top of that.
    I can make one for a couple of bucks and a little time.
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

that's the best tool made by hand , i can't aford them eather My disability don't pay much eather so I make do with what I have & it all works out