1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

SU Eliminator II questions

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Jimal, May 28, 2004.

1. Jimal

Jimal New Member

Maybe if I rephrase the question, it'll make more sense than my earlier post...
    My buddy has an SU Eliminator II carb on his chopper, and its spitting gas out of the throat under hard acceleration or just when revving the motor. I've been flying blind with this carburetor, as it seems to be quite different from the SU carbs I've worked on in the past. The biggest difference being the location and adjustment of the mixture needle. The bike didn't come with any information on this carb, and Yahoo! searches have been fruitless. Does anyone have any pointers how to adjust this carburetor? One of the guys here at work suggested that its a float level issue rather than a mixture issue, but I'm open to suggestions.

If all else fails, Plan B is to rebuild and reinstall the Zenith carb that came in a box with the bike...