1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

thank CD!! 02 wide glide dialed in great!!!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by voodoo1, Jun 9, 2004.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Thanks CD!!! the big sucker on my 02 wide glide makes it run like a scalded dog!!! I did a few plug runs... and as usual got several opinions on rich vs lean(I ended up stopping quickly by my local dealer expert for my own satisfaction) My first pass was a bit lean for me but the power was great!!
    (too bad the lean side will get ya in the long run)
    I added a little more idle mix screw (factory CV)and away I went again..The mid range pickup is VERY noticable. A fellow rider took off with those "Drag pipes" by the time it hit that little powerband window drags give ya all my mid pickup left him quickly ( :D Torque Motor power!!)...but the big thing was the less amount of throttle I use at cruising speed!! less effort for the bike to move!!! from just a pair of slip ons (as usual I live and die by those) and that arlen ness big sucker my bike even sounded deeper.
    next step oil pressure/temp guages......want them VERY small with a classic look. ANY suggestions? no digital reading styles kinda goes against the simplistics of a harley bike in my opinion.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  2. CD

CD Guest

Sorry, missed this one. Glad it worked out. A Stage I hop up is the biggest bang for the buck you can get usually. After that, cubic $$$ for cubic power.

I have not come across any accurate oil pressure gauges that operate in the proper range. You could run the old style but they are about useless IMHO. What I have set up is a 'T' off of the oil sender with a #3 fitting and capped so I can simply screw on my test gauge. I do a pressure test after every oil change now.

I saw a thread on another forum where someone used a mini temp gauge meant for a Hot Rod and adapted it by using the spare hole plug for the sender. They had modified a tach mount and put it on t he risers. I think it was an Autometer small diameter gauge...