1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

The 2011 season

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by sarge7, Oct 2, 2010.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Just finishing up the ridin season here in the midwest and winters not far away so I started thinking about next years BIG ride and where to go.
    Lookin at THUNDER ON THE BEACH in Panama City Beach, FL. - went this year and had a great time; thousands of bikes from all over were doing their thing; also thought about headed out west toward the rockies or maybe down into Ark. - hear they got some great roads down that way.
    Also lookin foreward to ridin in the Smokey Mountains again this spring; never get tired of that area. Some of the best ridin in the country.:D
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

Arkansas has some great roads........actually all of them are great!!!
  3. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

It would be hard for me to think Riding season is over. Its just startin to cool off here.

Got up this mornin and looked at the OL at around 6:30am and asked do you want to go to breakfast.
    We put on 2 sweatshirts and rode the scooter for breakfast.
    Took a short ride and came home. Neighbors stopped by and asked if we would like to ride with them.
    We left in T-shirts to ride and never put on a sweatshirt till we got home at 6:00pm.
    We wound up going to a bar called KC's and eatin and having a few beers.Then rode to Huntsville which is a college town and went to a bar and had a couple more beers and sit around and shot the bull.
    Then rode 45 miles home.
    All and all it was a O.K. day.
    It won't be long before we will have to have the leather in the mornin and late afternoon.
  4. chucktx

thanks for the invite............................................:angry:
  5. cardboard

No way was you gonna be out of the bed at 7:00am this mornin.

And when I was invited to go on a ride. I had about 15 minutes to git ready.

They headed toward Trinity to a Bar......
    Then to Huntsville to a BAR..

And I knowed you didn't want to go Bar Hoppin.............

Zan and everybody likes to go somewhere to eat that they can drink......
    If I had not of went to Rickys I wouldn't of even got invited.

Was wondering why you hadn't called to go ride............
  6. chucktx

your i phone wont call out?????????
  7. cardboard

Yep it would call out.
    I wasn't in control of this ride and nearly didn't make it.
    They rode in and seen my wife on her mountain bike and said do you want to go.
    They was waitin on a dude. By the time lois told me the dude that they was waitin on rode in the neighborhood.
    She came to the house and we put our boots on and left .
    Thats how much time I had.......

If I called and said they are leaving in 15 minutes, can you be uphere.
    It was a last minute thing.
    They said before they left they was going to DiBold for something or to see somebody.
    We never went near Dibold.

Then they started going to Bars and drinkin, would you of like to go to several bars and drank .
    I thought you didn't like to Bar Hop.........

Am I wrong
  8. chucktx

ya always got a story.................
  9. chucktx

glad ya had fun........:)
  10. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Chuck gets up at like 4:00 in the morning so he can do something before it becomes unbearable out. Must be he changes his hours in the fall.

Come out to the Rockies. When I rode home last Friday, I rode ALL DAY and was constantly going over mountain passes and on twisty roads with breathtaking views the whole day. And that was a small fraction of what Colorado has to offer. I can't believe that every biker doesn't come here and stay.
  11. cardboard

Got one Super Big Problem with Colorado, and I got a friend that has a home in Colorado Springs and in Wimberly, Tx,
    He comes to Texas in Oct and stays till the summer where he goes back to Colorado.

It SNOW'S THERE.:gah:

I HATE SNOW...........
  12. Chrome

Chrome New Member

Can't believe I'm going to agree with cardboard.....Don't like snow!! But love Colorado....
  13. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I can't believe it either but am gald they don't.
    and the snow melts in a day or 2 after it comes and we ride all year long.
  14. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Gettin back to the subject matter at hand_ where are you all planning on going during the 2011 season - like late march on?
    I know that I'm headed for PCB - THUNDER ON THE BEACH for sure but other than that haven't really decided on my ride for the summer vacation. Maybe Ark or if ya can believe cardboard and cowboy down to Texas for a run or two. Don't know if I can handle all that terrian with no trees.:D
  15. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Maybe Sturgis and maybe Street Vibs again. Don't think Texas is in our plans. Would like to ride up in Montana again.
  16. steveb

steveb Active Member

I would like to go back to sturgis again. I would still go the week before .Then go west for a few days.
  17. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Going to California the first week in May, New Mexico Red River Rally Memorial weekend, Colorado State HOG Rally in June, Montana in July, Sturgis in August, Veterans Rally In Cripple Creek, Co in August and that's probably about it.
  18. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Sounds like a plan. Still waitin to see what the line up on events are for the 2011 season - some of the web sites still have 2010 listed and havn't upgraded yet but I have a few months to fiqure it out when the snow starts flyin up here. nothin else to do.
  19. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned A-Hole

Despite the ton of money tied up in my 2004 Dyna, I bought a plain-Jane Sportster 48 this spring--and rode it most of the time. Sure, I had a blast, but I didn't really go anywhere except in loops around my home area.

This past weekend I figured it might be the last of the warm weather here in Wisconsin, so I took the Dyna down to "cold storage" at my local shop. If the weather does hold--and simply gets cooler--I can dress warmer and just do quickie jaunts on the Sportster.

But I am thinking about next season. I want to do longer rides on the Dyna. In fact, there's a joke among my friends that I "lost a road." When I first bought the Dyna I went to an out-of-town dealer for the afternoon. I don't like returning on the same road, so I ventured out and found a fanastic road to cruise. Gentle twists, great scenery...

...but now I cannot find it! We had bad floods a few years ago, and my friends believe I was on Hwy 78, and many parts of that road were washed away. Then the entire area was a detour, and now portions have been re-built.

But how can a born-and-bread Wisconsinite lose a road less than 40 miles from his house?:D
  20. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I bet it was a whole 80 degree in the morning?? :roflmao::roflmao: