1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

This Sucks....

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by JohnnyBiker, Jul 18, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

:rant: Hr and I went out for nice evening ride on her bike, all was well until we turned south to head home. We went through this small town was starting to gain speed, took a corner, not very fast and I felt the bike wobbling. I felt this again and I pulled over, checked the tires, but didn't seem like that was the problem. Decided to continue but at a reduced speed. Got to my home town, started to go around a roundabout and almost lost it. Knew right then and there that it was the rear tire. Was able to push it to a friends house. it took air so I decided to chance it anc get on it and ride it home. made it about 4 blocks and it was flat again. so as of now, Hr's bike is at a different friends girlfriends house....:banghead: OH, forgot to say, I did take a nail...:cussing:
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

sounds like you got real lucky here , you did'nt go down it was just a tire & you where smart enough to know what to do :D
  3. JohnnyBiker

Kim got a good scare.... I guess I have to buy a new tire. Oh Well. :D
  4. cowboy

Better a new tire then cream for road rash
  5. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao::roflmao: That is why I put in this forum, always an adventure...:D
  6. cowboy

did you have to take the crese (sp) out of the back seat :D
  7. JohnnyBiker

No, but needed stain remover....:D
  8. cowboy

:roflmao::roflmao:
  9. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

Glad to hear you didn't take a spill, I guess its a tubeless tire since u said u need a new one? or is it just wore out?:D
  10. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to hear that but really glad you two are OK. Nails or screws in tires really do suck especially when you got a good tire. All you can do now is put a new tire on it.
  11. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I just brought my back wheel in to the local indie and the cost of a new tire and tube and tax was $225.50. Tires have steadily gone up over the last few years.

I've been lucky, the last two times when it was going flat I was able to air it up and get home.
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

not much worse than tire troubles when your away from home. glad HR is ok, OH and you too. :D
  13. JohnnyBiker

The tire was wore, it was time for a new one, just don't like pushing...:D Not sure if it has a tube or not..It is a spoke rear rim so I am assuming that it hs a tube but my indy shop ordered a new one for me. $225.00 :eek:

Thanks to all for the "glad you save your arse" replies. It was an experience and sure as hell woke me up...
  14. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

Is that the installed price? I plan on changing mine later in the year when it gets cold, my indy says he will do the mounting but I have to buy my own tires and I didn't get the install and balance price from him.
  15. JohnnyBiker

Yes that is the install price as well. The actual tire is like $150. This is for the Suzuki, we did the front tire at the beginning of the season.
  16. FLHTbiker

JB, are you taking the wheel off yourself and take it in, its cheaper than having them pull the wheel.
  17. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

around here Harley is the best place to buy tires, they buy in a bigger volume and have better pricing than the indy shops. I always take mine off and take in the wheel for mounting and balancing.
  18. FLHTbiker

Very true
  19. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

hmmm, I'll have to check this out. My indie will mount the tire and balance it for free. They only charge for the tire and the tube and the tax, but the rear tire Dunlop MU85 with white walls was $187.00

Maybe the tire is cheaper at the stealership but I'll bet they make it up on charging for mounting and balancing. I'll give them a call tomorrow to check it out and let you know.

I know my front will cost $165.00 at the indie. I'll do that one on next months credit card bill.
  20. JohnnyBiker

No, i am not taking this one off as I do not have a SM for her bike. I am busy woth mine anyways..... The tire that he is going to be putting on is a Bridgestone.