1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

to jet or not to jet threat!!!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by voodoo1, Jun 7, 2004.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

thought I posted this one already...just in case.02 wide glideCV./slipons Cylcle S.Dyna....they make the screaming Eagles 1 as well same flow pattern according to "spec"
    Jets were 45/190..now screaming eagle air kit..48/195.....bike runs totally great all thru the relm of the rpm spectrum!!!!!...too lean? I backed out the idle mixture a turn and then another 3/4 a trip later.
    did all the turn it off and run plugs stuff as well...still one shop thinks it is to lean, the dealer is no help.. full of crap info from people trying to hard to sell stuff(long story)...then got others that say it will not ash that much due to the characteristics of the gas/bike. I run 92-93 shell or sunoco only... (when available.)supposedly 100%
    No misses no sputtering at all!!!
    1 need to know factory temp for heads.... front was 210 on the head by the exhaust the rear went from 242 to 240 and cooled off prety fast. I got so many "Pros" and no diagnostic availbe for miles and where there is.. it is wait listed..
    2. ok do I jet the slow and main or just the low?..this CV has alot of history but all the "pros" I know got different info/theories.. and it is not the same as an iron head! the metals are different!! the 1340 has characteristics itself .
    I got my own mindset as well..it runs leave it alone but not to COOK IT!!!
    3.main jet kicks in at higher rpm(shifting)..but the bike cruises at the lower...so where to fatten? the dealer says no way those are big enough, I have some buddies that actually ran their sporties without the main to see where the slow was lagging/RPM( not gonna do that)
    what tuh do?
    4. WD for leaks?..if none found then?
    I don't wanna cook the engine!!
    so get it a little rich and the when I can test it.... fine... until then..
    Can ya help?
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2004