1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Trying to stay possitive

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by badinfluence63, Mar 2, 2018.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

woke up to more snowing. What a mess as its mixed with frozen rain. Forgot to close driver side window all the way in my truck last night when i got home from work so seat is soaked...woo hoo!

This winter has been epic or i'm just getting old and sick of it. 4-5 10+ inch storms and a couple frozen rain-snow mix storms. Not to forget the -23 degree cold snap that last about 8 days and caused mecall kinds of grief because someone did not shut the garage door all the way and the fuel heat gelled.

Didn't need to do anything to my bike this winter because its perfect. Alls i'd needed when i first bought it was better handle bars, xm radio, luggage rack, windshield bag,tour pac lid storage pouchs and i did those over the last couple years.

While last year was a riding wash because of the eye i'm all set this year, the eyes is still fubar'd but once they understood that I didn't have high bp or diabetes (which i never had) they gave me an mri which was normal. Put a prism in my right lense which enables me to see straight 20-20 out of both eyes so i will be riding. Surgery is an option. We'll talk about the surgery next appointment. Assholes could have put the prism in last year but they kept telling me it was caused by high bp and diabetes which i never had and i kept telling them that. They kept thinkng it would be a self fix. Fxckers!
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Red Rider likes this.
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Prism? Is that like cataracts? I had lenses put in several years ago. I couldn't see at night. Then I was with Charlie46 at night he driving and scaring the shirt out of me. I told him to get looked at and he got the lenses too.
  3. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

You were scared? You should have seen it from my view.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

lol, hell that's common in 50% of the drivers in Florida...
  5. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Good to hear the vision stuff is improving. Here we had about a half foot of snow overnight Friday and it was 90% gone by afternoon. Maybe you need a snowbird place?
  6. badinfluence63

Prisms are either a stick on deal or are ground into the lense. I got the sticker for now. Cheaper.
  7. badinfluence63

Yeah...gonna ride next summer fo sho.

Our snow is gone but got huge nor'easter coming in Wednesday-Friday. Dang! Sick of it. Got a great little snow bird place in north carolina. Need to retire. Soon.
    Red Rider likes this.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I saw where youse guys were getting at least 8 new inches of white stuff this weekend up there.
  9. Fatboy128

Last Fridays Nor'easter coincided with the full moon and high tides. My village flooded from Long Island Sound water. Northeast winds up to 80 mph (hurricane is 75) pushes the Atlantic into the sound and the water rises a few feet or more. Three high tides flooded the town. Thankfully I live on a hill 1/2 mile from this spot.
    Tomorrows Nor'Easter won't be as bad. Winds a lot less and not a full moon. Although we will be getting 6+ inches of white crap!

Attached Files:

10. Red Rider

Time to at least be "Going to Carolina in my mind"...
  11. badinfluence63

Favotite song. Play it all the time.

Heading down first week of April. Woo hoo!
    Red Rider likes this.
  12. Red Rider

You have a great home in New Hampshire...........when it ain't Winter! Go find your Spring, it'll make you younger, for certain, or at least you'll feel that way! That is good enough for me.
  13. Fatboy128

Hey buddy! bestest friend in the entire universe, mr. generous to the extreme, ol reliable, pick me up on the way down!!!!! Hehehe
  14. badinfluence63

You're a joking but you'd be welcome. The house has 3 bedrooms! Fully stocked and functional home.
  15. badinfluence63

Ya..winters the bitch up here. Just got slammed with a 18+ inches.

18 inches of snow yesterday woo hoo!!! And the road surface was slick and greasy too. Almost couldn't get out of the parking lot at work as the snow crew had inadvertanly piled snow behind me and my car was parked down hill. With much tire spinning and vehicle twisting we got the heck out of there. Karen just could not get out before I got home to dig her out. Its took the bucket loader to remove the piled high plow trailings.
    Red Rider likes this.
  16. badinfluence63

Oh snap. Just got a close up look of the flooding. We had that when either katrina or irene came through. You wouldn't believe the flooding if you didn't see it
  17. Fatboy128

You got 18" son in Maine got 20" we got 9" of wet heavy snow. So heavy and wet my blower wouldn't go 2'. Had to shovel the damn driveway in order for wife and I to get to work. Shoveled from 3:30am to 7am. Key in the Flooorideeans.......
  18. charlie46

For the snow bound[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Fatboy128

Cool bikes The knuckle is really cool.
    Monday night 4" or more coming. Spring is coming, maybe.
  20. charlie46

Cool about this knucklehead is frame looks original,front end original. Old school chopper. Very cool.[​IMG]

Red Rider likes this.