1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Upper Peninsula Of Michigan

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by JohnnyBiker, Nov 27, 2014.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Since my wife decided to do a 180° turn on the whole Sturgis trip, she did agree to take a ride to the Upper Peninsula Of Michigan. I have never been there and don't know a lot of people that have so I do think that it would be a great discovery kind of ride. Looking at the Wikipedia for the U.P., there seems to be some nice riding there an interesting Circle Tour that I know that I would enjoy.

Anybody here ever been to this part of the country? If so, what were your thoughts? Any "must ride" attractions?
  2. JohnnyBiker

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  3. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Looks nice...Spent some time in Sault Ste. Marie a few years ago and went over into Ontario...Absolutely beautiful country...
  4. JohnnyBiker

That is where I will be crossing into Ontario.
  5. marc 55

6. JohnnyBiker

Found out today that my trip to the Upper Peninsula is a go on my dad's side. Sounds like we will be up there around the 4th of July as I was hoping too.
  7. marc 55

Have fun...I will be in Maggie Valley the week before with a bunch of folks...My 6th trip down there...We just love the BRP and riding down there...
  8. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

That's a trip I'd want to make someday.
  9. marc 55

We love it there...And the ride down the Skyline Drive and BRP is half the fun...We allow one day to get to Front Royal, VA and three days to get to Maggie Valley, NC...You could probably do it in two days but why rush it...Better to enjoy it...I can't wait...
  10. Fatboy128

Where do you start the ride, on the NJTpke? I 95 to VA. ??
  11. marc 55

We take 78 to 81 and get off at exit 300 and take 66 to Front Royal...About 280 miles...

95 may be easier for you...Take 95 to the Washington DC area and then look for 66 which will take you to Front Royal...
  12. Fatboy128

That's the problem that part of 95 sucks. I'd probably do 78 also and get the hell off 95. Wife has an aunt who lives in Lovingston, va and we've done that 95 by car several times. Murder!
  13. marc 55

For a super slab 78 is really nice...Scenic going through NJ &PA and 81 isn't usually that bad either...I too avoid 95 like the plague unless I absolutely have to take it...
  14. JohnnyBiker

Time is ticking closer to my road trip to the Upper Peninsula. When at the IMS last week I picked up some information on Ontario. Not really sure that I saw anything interesting that I would classify as "must see" but my mind is open. I called my dad and asked him if there was anything that pulled his trigger. He happened to mention a road of Ontario 129. I Google searched it. That will be a no go as the Wiki stated that there are no fuel stations along that road. Looks like it would be a fun road to ride but with no fuel, that equals a no thanks. ;)