1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wanting to trade 08 Customized and extremely nice Heritage for Harley Breakout

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy, Sell, Trade or Wanted' started by David Ramstein, Aug 4, 2014.

1. David Ramstein

David Ramstein Active Member

This Heritage has lots of chrome and add-on extras, almost ALL is Harley Davidson catalog purchases. Has a stage one running Python true duals with performance cores and converter removed and properly mapped...sounds awesome, without being crazy loud, and no off-idle popping/lean condition..runs very cool. Has a matching used tour-pak I just purchased. Has 14 inch mini's/mid apes, and a bunch of small chrome add-ons most folks overlook, such as the rear axle-nut covers (over 200.00) tank-ear-mount chrome covers, all diamond-back chrome-braided cables (Very expensive) quick-detach magnetic dock-covers when the tour-pak and/or sissy bar is off, and the list goes on and on. Bike is pearl white and pearl pewter/silver...everyone loves the color, and especially when the sun hits it and brings-out the pearl. Has the bag-liners that keeps the bags in their correct shape. As mentioned, slashed-cut Python Duals. Entire front-end chrome-kit. All lights have been swapped-out for the bullet lights with visors, with signal drop-extensions on the front, and the rear swapped-out for a shorter bar so it doesnt hang so far out over the bags. Chrome rectifier. swingarm nut covers. Passenger rear boards with chrome covers. This IS a very very nice bike, with just over 10 thousand miles on it. Has lots of passing power for a simple stage 1. Wife is gonna kill me but I just want a Breakout, CVO or otherwise. Interested in a trade? Will also trade for a late-model Dodge Ram 4x4, if nice enough, or a 370 Z nissan, if it hasn't been hot-dogged. carbonvault@sbcglobal.net. I will go through the trouble of uploading photos if anyone is interested. Also have a used 200mm fat-tire rear kit for it, but would need to buy a fender to accept it...everything else I have to make the fatty...will come with the bike, with Screaming Eagle Stinger Wheels, which are in like new condition, and very expensive. The best part?...ALL of the factory take-off parts are in the boxes and also come with the bike...basically, you could drop this thing and put it right back together, as it also comes with a spacer and like new primary/derby cover, ass well as a cam-chest cover. LOTS of extras with this bike, and it's near mint! Ridden exclusively by a guy in his fifties, since new.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

not for nuttun but this is not the swap sheet
  3. David Ramstein

Well excuse me...saw buy sell trade - didn't intend to ruffle any feathers. not a prob.
  4. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

I might have been a little strong, just sounded like a listing straight out the gate. This is more of a community of people helping each other, you are more than welcome here
  5. David Ramstein

6. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

good looking scooter, a lot of attention to detail
  7. David Ramstein

Thanks. I like eye-candy without over-doing it. Wanted to build a CVO quality bike on about half the budget, cause if I actually buy one more CVO, it's gonna need a couch for me to sleep on, as the wife will surly put the boots to me...already have a CVO Convertible, and a CVO Road King. About to attempt the same thing with a BreakOut...want one real bad, and she isn't gonna let me buy one, so I kinda did join this community looking for help...help with my quest to have a BreakOut! I could easily enough sell the bike on ebay, and then go buy a used BreakOut I suppose, but I'd like to avoid the multi-step process of all that if maybe someone with a BreakOut was wanting to upgrade/convert to a semi-touring bike. I otherwise like surfing the forums, as there's a wealth of valuable info to be had in these places...just never actually participated because I spend all my time working my butt off to pay for things I really can't afford. ;)
  8. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Ever rode a Street Glide ? You can put a tour pac on one ya know ?
  9. David Ramstein

Yep, I actually totaled my SG a couple years ago...hit an oil mess on a curve on a back road at about 45 MPH...now have two titanium plates in my neck as result of it. I guess really anything running a 3 inch rear wheel/narrow rear fender and docking kit can run that trunk. If ya bought the correct mount, it would easily work/dock on anything running a 200 mm rear tire and fender. Basically, if you have the quick detach passenger backrest/sissybar, this should dock.
  10. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

If you put some Porgressive 944 UT shocks on the rear of a SG or a EG it will drop the rear end 1"
    And put a detachable tour pac on it. Not a back rest for a woman.
    Lean up against the back rest and go ride with somebody else up front. See how comfortable it is.
    Makes yer back hurt.

And the 180 Rear tire on the newer bikes is big enough. Don't need a 200 rear wheel.
  11. David Ramstein

I agree with the 180 being big enough...that 200 will get ya into a whole bunch of trouble on standing water on the interstate...ask me how I know! hehe! My Convertible has one, and in the rain it's like having a ski on the rear!
  12. David Ramstein

13. David Ramstein

That is a new photo with the mirror and rectifier upgrades
  14. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

STOP TEASING US ! lol Nice bike.

What ya mean by rectifier upgrade?
  15. David Ramstein

Well, the factory rectifier is black, and well, BLACK! (Oval chrome piece behind the front wheel) Lots of folks will buy the cover for them, and it looks good, but I'm a tad wasteful and just buy the chrome rectifier itself...got the idea from the CVO bikes. Harley had a spell there where their supplier was shipping a bunch of bad rectifiers, and so now there is at least one black ugly one in reserve that will also come with this bike if someone wants it. It's an awesome bike that pictures just don't do justice...I get more compliments on it that my CVO Softail...probably because it wasn't a canned/packaged bike.
  16. David Ramstein

Gonna add a set of Harley catalog mini-boards to the crash-bar today and call it quits on this one. Also waiting on the Dunlop K591's to get here to have those mounted on it...contrary to what you may hear, a 150 fits nicely under that front fender, and goes a long way towards quenching my OCD issues! ;) I guess at that point I will list it on ebay...I hate paying ebay's fees! Wished someone had a Breakout they weren't happy with...I'd be on to my next project, and one bike deeper in the dog-house!
    Tomflhrci98 likes this.
  17. David Ramstein

Good thing I was hungry that day...it's the day I ate a tree-line for lunch, and got a really cool ride in a helicopter to Methodist Hospital. :)

Attached Files: