1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Watcha ma callit?

Discussion in 'Projects' started by sarge7, Oct 9, 2009.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Got a plate on the bottom of my triple trees that looks like half a sauce pan lid - it bolts to the bottom of the tree - but I can't find it listed in the manual. And haven't found anything on e-bay that even comes close.
    Saw one on another guys ride that was chromed and it sure dressed up the area.
    Was wondering if anybody had a proper name for this item or a source as where to get one(chromed).
    Parts on a FLHTC 93.
    Thanks
  2. hddoc94565

hddoc94565 New Member

Its a wind deflector and HD has the chrome one in the P&A catalog
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

if ya cant find it chromed, send it to browns plating in paduka kentucky......there chrome is second to none!!!!!!!!
  4. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

HD just ask your stealer they should pull it up with ease, put one on my scoot but don't have the p/n right now,
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep I put one on my 03 gesser glide chrome from a dealer about $20-25 a couple years back , they had it on the shelf :cool:
  6. hddoc94565

hddoc94565 New Member

That deflector does work. They were not installed on the 01 fltr in wet weather used to get water in the face from under fairing. that has all changed since i installed the def. HD started to installl them stock again in 03 i think.
  7. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Thanks guys - I'll check with the stealership tues and see what they have in stock. I know that it deflected water from the front end and was damm glad to have it on my last road trip.
  8. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

I heard they stopped putting them on because it inhibited air flow around the engine. I liked the way it kept the bugs off that part of the engine and I liked the air deflected down. I thought is was BS.

The part # for the black one is 58520-79A from my 98 RK parts book (page 68). The chrome one I found on the shelf.