1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

What ever happened with CD and DirectParts

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Seahag, May 29, 2008.

1. Seahag

Seahag New Member

I know he had some health problems and closed his doors...but does he still check in here? Has his health improved?

Do any of the new guys here even know how this place got its start and the great company that founded biketalk? I still haven't dealt with a finer business.
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

CD will probably tell ya he's still around real soon, but the short version is he retired and is living happily ever after. Seems if it takes him a bit to respond then he's probably out fishing.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yup, he was in here last week........:)
  4. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

He's either fishing or tending his chili plants. Good to see ya Sea Hag.
  5. CD

CD Guest

Chili plants tended to, trailers getting packed, The snow from last weekend is gone and the ground isn't a red clay pit and Big Lake and the Little Colorado are calling my Grandson and I....
    Couple weeks at 9500' will feel great!

Come tomorrow morning I am heading north!

Seahag,
    Been doing a lot better but my riding days are over as the tremors are still progressing. Don't shake as bad but talk to me about Fred F%^ck-head Fox and my BP spikes and the shakes come back. I sold John the right to my products and he sells a lot of the needles, elbows etc. Take care and thanks for asking...
  6. Seahag

Seahag New Member

Sorry to hear about the end of your riding days Dave; but happy to hear you are finding some enjoyment in your retirement anyways. So was it parkinsons? I'd never heard for sure. Just the public announcement that you posted over on the VTF; but you mention "the shakes" above.
  7. SK

SK New Member

Damn CD, get out of that heat (I see it was 100º in Tucson) and get to dem dar mountains. Big Lake's a pretty cool place to be, especially right now. Here's hoping you catch the big one.

I just rode the FJR from Colorado to Las Vegas and spent the night in Moab, UT on Tuesday night and then rode down through Monument Valley around to Page, AZ (Lake Powell) and back into Utah to Kanab for last night. Ate at Escobar's (little Mexican place at the east end of town) and it's still has great food. Rode through Zion NP this morning before jamming back into Vegas where it only hit low 80ºs today..nice. Beautiful riding, except for that damn wind yesterday..must be that hot air down in Tucson blowing it north. ;)
  8. Seahag

Seahag New Member

Another 'old' and familiar face. Good to see you're still around here. Did you ever finish school?

I've seen hotroadking around here too, but evidently he doesn't respond to PM's [hint].
  9. SK

SK New Member

Yeah, I finished school last year at UNLV and now work as a nurse at UMC hospital here in Las Vegas. Hoping to get into their 6 month ER program.