1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Where to?

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Red Rider, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Last year it was from Nevada to Maine & back. Since I was stationed in West Florida for about 5 years and the East Coast for too long before that...c'mon. even you East Coasters know it sucks...I'm thinking north this riding season. Not really Alaska (been there), but like northern Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana, with the possibility of visiting Canada again (not as interested as hitting all the Provinces as I was all the States). It would be in July or later. Any members want to meet?
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a good plan, hopefully will be cooler than in NV in the summer.
  3. Sterba43

Sterba43 Member

If you go to Montana,research Bear Tooth Pass, it is one of the Best rides in the country!
    Red Rider likes this.
  4. timsmcm

timsmcm Member

Man o man I love riding in montana. Also see if you can incorporate a ride down the west coast 101 1 all the way to southern cali. Makes for a great trip.
    Red Rider and Sterba43 like this.
  5. Red Rider

First break-in ride for my bike in '99 was from Santa Cruz to San Diego on the PCH, but haven't got past Stinson Beach on the northerly part, except for a couple miles worth in OR and WA. Sounds like a good idea.
  6. Red Rider

I may have found a destination. Rouleau, Saskatchewan in the Great White North. Used to catch episodes of a Canadian show called Corner Gas, and I discovered it was filmed (exteriors at least) there. Quirky, fun show, and the route will let me play in Montana enroute.

Now is it gonna be this year? Don't know now, as my wife is thinkin' maybe Ireland and Scotland (we're both veterans and have seen all we want from the Middle East, through Asia/Japan/Southeast Asia and to the USA).
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Ireland is feckin great. Guinness is better over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Red Rider likes this.
  8. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

New Zealand and rent harleys?