1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Whimpy horns on 18k bike!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Rhots, May 26, 2010.

1. Rhots

Rhots New Member

I know loud pipes save lives, but so do horns. The horn on my '02 FLHTC isn't any louder than a kid's bicycle squeeze horn!!!!

Now that I am done whining, are there recommendations for replacement horns out there?
    Air? electric? brand?
    Thanks,
    Rick
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

In no particular order

Mini-Beast Air Horns

WOLO MFG. CORP. AIR HORNS, AIR HORN ACCESSORIES & AIR COMPRRESORS

Howard's Horns Home Page, motorcycle air horns, battery cables

BJ Specialties motorcycle air horns & motorcycle accessories

RIVCO Products, Inc. :: Air Horns

Amazon.com: Stebel Nautilus Compact Motorcycle Air Horn: Automotive

I have the Rivco, work great, compressor took a dump after 6 years so I bought a cheapo Wolo at Harbor Freight and replaced the compressor.. Works fine.. Air horns do
    need some maintaining, pull off once a year, soak them in a warm soapy solution, clear out water then spray in some silicone spray to lube the diaphrams.

The Wolo type can be hung on the stock horn mount, or you can break them apart (compressor and horn) and mount horn under the bell and compressor elsewhere, you just need a hose to run between them..

All the above are standard horn replacements
  3. Rhots

Rhots New Member

sorry, got mezmerized by the jogger!!!!

THANKS!!! for the quick reply, I'll check them out.