1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Who makes a 30"+ Sissy bar for an 07 Softail???

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Danceswithempties, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Danceswithempties

Danceswithempties New Member

:witsend:Like the title says: Who manufactures a 30" + sissy bar for a bobbed fender 07 FXSTC? Having one fabricated & chromed would be out to lunch if someone knows who builds a bolt on. Any ideas? Harley only goes up to 20 inches & that just won't do...
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i needed a tall sissy bar for a sportster bobber i built...see my sportster build in the project section.....i built is myself and sent it off to browns plating to be chromed.....customer loved it, and like you, i couldnt find one anywhere else....they are not hard to fabricate....
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

same goes, built mine and had it powder coated, should see a couple picks in the gallery on it also, pretty basic fabrication skills are needed or go down with a sketch to your local welding shop then ship it out for plating.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep it's going to have to be home made , if your not out of the US shipping should'nt be bad at all VIA UPS I use them for truck parts shipping & never had any damage or lost & chuck does top notch work I had a tour of his shop & got jealous & the best part was HE's not A RUB :cool:
  5. Danceswithempties

Danceswithempties New Member

Thanks for the heads up... I'm up here in Trenton, Ontario (The Boonies). My stock bar is a traditional one piece bolted straight up to the fender & seat. Most of what Harley sells is a bolt up / quick disconnect affair, that I personally think look's like... I guess I'll look for a cheap stock FXSTC bar on ebay (for the base and dimensions) and let a welder have at it & find a metal finisher. That way I'll at least have a stock bar on it for the rest of the season. I like the stock look, just want it a lot higher & more useful. -Dances
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

check with jp cycles, local shops, one that fabs up bike if any are left....
    metal shop, anyone that works metal could do it...
  7. ReeseSS

ReeseSS New Member