1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

wide glide or soft tail

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by wildvan, Jun 4, 2004.

1. wildvan

wildvan New Member

I know this is a opion question, but what the heck. I finally talked the wife into letting me get a new bike. I like the wide glide, it fits well but the standard soft tail is around 3-4 thousand less. The money really is not to much the issue, but I hate to waste it.

So which one????? Any why

Thanks
  2. dobroking

dobroking New Member

well i don't know about the wide glide, but i love my new FXST. Couldn't be happier and once I get my new pipes, there will be no stopping me.
  3. headdoc

headdoc New Member

So true, every body has their own preferences. I wrestled with the same dilemma softail or dyna? I ended up going with a wideglide and couldn't be happier. 'course most of my day to day ridin' is to work and back and short hops here and there. But in the summer time I can take some longer roadtrips. I thought the WG had an easier ride and looked better with all the extra add on crap that could make a roadtrip more comfy. I do like the looks of the softails though, especially the number one seller.... FATBOY . Its all a matter of personal pref. good luck...sounds like you got a good old lady there buddy so get that bike asap before you use up any wife points. ha
  4. skullride

skullride New Member

Hi I had the same dilemma. Wide glide versus Softail. I chose the softail Duece for the new styling and still customize for the old skool look. Low and steady and handles great. Long rides are nice and the suspension holds up just fine. Getting iron butt with it. Good luck with your choice bro. You have a good ol lady don't let that one go. Live to ride, Skullride.
  5. Rumblewolf

Rumblewolf New Member

Go Deuce

I just bought an `04 injected Softail Deuce, installed the Screaming Eagle Stage I breather Kit and Vance & Hines staggered Big Shots, and never looked back...except to see that dink in the obnoxious little Civic fading fast in my mirror...heh... :p
  6. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Softail!!!

I bought a standard three years ago today. It's anything but standard now. Don't let anyone tell you it isn't good for distance. That picture is loaded for Milwaukee last year - camped for two weeks. I've put almost 35,000 miles on mine and have loved every minute of it.

It's a blank canvas; make it yours. And since money isn't an object, buy one for your wife.

Abby
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2004