1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wide Glide Trees

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Paul Andrews, Jan 2, 2005.

1. Paul Andrews

Paul Andrews New Member

Some one told me that current Wide Glide Trees have a 3 degree rake. Does anybody know if that is true and if they will fit on a Duece frame?
    Paul
  2. toddl

toddl New Member

i have a 2003 low rider and iam putting a inverted front end wide glide with 5 degree rake and my mec. say i will have know problem i dont think you will either and doesnt the duece have a wide glide front end on it already??
  3. Paul Andrews

Paul Andrews New Member

Yeah, the Deuce has a wide glide front end with no tree rake. I,m looking for 3 degree tree rake and would like to stay with the Harley trees. If the info I was given is accurate about the Dyna wide glide having 3 degree trees I would like to use them if they fit.
    Yours sounds like it's going to look good. Is the five degree rake in the neck or in the trees?
  4. toddl

toddl New Member

rake

my rake is in the trees
  5. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

To rake or not to rake

Ya, I broke my rake the other day and now it is covered with foliage under my tree. But really you MUST be care'ful about the rake of the triple tree's, as to not demolish the rake/trail. Correct trail is 4-6 inches, a raked tree will decrease the amount of your trail. They will work great on FRAMES that are already raked, that is why they are so popular with choppers; it corrects an over trail condition. If your stock Harley is a 32 degrees I would do no more than an 3 degree tree, if your bike is at 26-28 degree (which many Harley's are) stay away from raked tree's. Anyone who has ever had a tank-slapper (high-speed wobble) KNOWS what I'm talking about. Just be care'ful.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  6. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

More Rake

Deuse's and Lowriders are at 32 degree's = 3 degree tree; and any more and taking your life in your hands.
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  7. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

More-more tree's

Sorry about the redundancy but I forgot to say that; UNFORTUNATELY SOME PEOPLE; MECHANIC'S OR WHO-EVER WILL SAY ANYTHING TO GET YOU TO BUY THEIR MERCHANDISE. nuff-said.
  8. rickr01

rickr01 New Member

Don't do it!

Do not buy raked triple trees unless your bike front end geometry has been changed and you are trying to re-establish the correct trail. You really need to know what you are doing. The stock bike with raked trees may not cause you a problem while cruising at 40 in a straight line, but rest assured they will come back and bite you when you least expect or want it to.

Rickr01 Smuggelr