1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Wide Tire for an 03 Deuce

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Deuce03, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Deuce03

Deuce03 New Member

I was thinking about putting a wide tire on the back of my deuce but I think I will wait awhile. I was wondering, what is the fattest tire I can put on with the standard setup?
    Thanks
  2. South FL Deuce

South FL Deuce New Member

As Far As I Know.........

you can go up to a 180. The guy at my dealership said you shouldnt but I have a buddy with a 180.
  3. t_ubinger

t_ubinger New Member

back tire

my 02' duece came with a 180 back tire stock and I could probably go a little bigger!!
  4. wmiconi

wmiconi New Member

Angle of the fender on a duece

Since the downward angle of the duece fender is not a downward as the bobtail. i had a friend get a 200. He had to deflate the tire after it was on the rim. He did file down some stuff but now it looks sweet.
  5. Deuce03

Deuce03 New Member

Thanks

Hey, thanks for the responses. I may look real hard at that 200 and a file.

Thanks
    Again
  6. South FL Deuce

South FL Deuce New Member

A 200..........

thats badass. I may have to look into that file as well. That sure would fille up that fender nicely.